So, What If GSP Comes Back And Loses?

Ridian

Lifelong Combat Sports Fan
@purple
Reaction score
Will that immediately make people not care anymore? He does not have the star power of Conor so a loss might prove to be a big deal.

If GSP loses do you think he will retire again or keep fighting?

Can you see him going through another war where his face gets all lumped up, he loses the fight and still wants to continue?

After being out this long he may be like fuck this I def didn't miss this feeling etc

I laugh at peoples saying he doesn't have the starpower of McGregor. The ufc didn't need 8 months press conference tour to promote GSP.

It would be the final nail in the coffin for Canadian MMA.

I laugh at peoples saying he doesn't have the starpower of McGregor. The ufc didn't need 8 months press conference tour to promote GSP.

No, they needed half a decade to build GSP into a million dollar PPV draw. With Conor it took less than half that time, and Conor has since far surpassed that.

Conor now is about as big as GSP was in Canada in his prime. In North America overall, it's not even close.

He does not have that star power anymore, it's been a while. He would be nowhere near Conor's fame level right now

He doesn't need to have Conors "star power" to be valuable for the UFC. If he's able to generate income, that's all that matters. But he does have drawing power and a great reputation.

I think GSP will rocket past Conor to be the biggest star in the UFC. His team has always done a very good job to tune his image, and do everything right. His sponsors outside the cage are huge, and making him very visible. He can probably handle one loss, but if he keeps losing, it will be over pretty fast.

Outside the UFC I am not sure he will be a very big star. Look at Huerta. Now nobody even knows who he is fighting next.

win or lose if theres 1 thing i know about GSP it's this. If there is a fighter who everybody else including your grandma KTFOed in the first round... GSP will be the only person unable to finish that guy and instead win a boring 25 minute lay and pray decision. GSP probably wouldn't even finish CM Punk.

If he loses it definitely hurts his legacy and a win, unless flashy I think doesn't do much to help

win or lose if theres 1 thing i know about GSP it's this. If there is a fighter who everybody else including your grandma KTFOed in the first round... GSP will be the only person unable to finish that guy and instead win a boring 25 minute lay and pray decision. GSP probably wouldn't even finish CM Punk.
He arm barred prime Matt Hughes. He beat down and stopped Serra & Penn the second fight. Let me see your grandma do this... Recognize the GOAT you bum

All the greats lose. GSP has already lost twice before, still considered one of the greats today. A loss now wouldn't change that.

Uhhh, isn't it obvious? He was always a can, always overrated and didn't beat anyone that wasn't a can and everyone at WW today is better than everyone GSP beat during his reign.

C'mon man, this is Sherdog. You know how it will go.

He won't be a stand out star no more.

He isn't allowed to enter the ring as Daniel Laruso no more!

GSP was very respectful and didn't trash talk. He went out there and beat them down. Intelligent fight fans appreciate it but the just bleed characters don't acknowledge the athleticism

He arm barred prime Matt Hughes. He beat down and stopped Serra & Penn the second fight. Let me see your grandma do this... Recognize the GOAT you bum

He greased his way to his last finish and hasnt finished shit since.. and even that was a lackluster corner stoppage. His last true finish was against a blown up 155er in serra. There's also virtually no chance george hasnt had a roid cycle or 3... not to mention Hendrix absolutely won their fight but got robbed.. and Hendrix has looked like garbage lately

Last edited:
Will that immediately make people not care anymore? He does not have the star power of Conor so a loss might prove to be a big deal.

Can you see him going through another war where his face gets all lumped up, he loses the fight and still wants to continue?

After being out this long he may be like fuck this I def didn't miss this feeling etc
Check the PPV rates. He is already half the man Conor is.

I don't care if he loses, as long as he gets right back in the octagon after.
People get too hung up on wins and losses, we should be cheering for good fights.

He greased his way to his last finish and hasnt finished shit since.. and even that was a lackluster corner stoppage. His last true finish was against a blown up 155er in serra. There's also virtually no chance george hasnt had a roid cycle or 3... not to mention Hendrix absolutely won their fight but got robbed.. and Hendrix has looked like garbage lately
Hendricks beat him down I will give you that but couldn't finish him when Hendricks was on a tear KO MF left and right. GSP will be victorious in his return. Allegations of greasing but no solid prove or penalties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back