Should it be Dillashaw vs Lineker next?

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Cruz vs Cody is honestly a pretty trash fight imo.
I'd put money on it going the way of Cruz schooling Cody for 25 minutes, like actually schooling him and Cody landing one meaningless knockdown off a failed Cruz takedown and people giving him one round. Then everyones going to call Cruz out for running, even though he'll have dissected yet another "Decent' fighter.

I'm not sure why people think Cody Garbrandt is elite, but I get at the lighterweights the divisions are a bit thinner so we don't know for sure until they step up. However, in this case there's a legit number one contender that they passed over, a guy who is a fight removed from being a champion who defended who also beat up the number one guy in the division clearly (Same song different day).

Anyway

If TJ fights Lineker who you got?

TJ by UD. I could see Lineker catching him tho.

TJ would land many sneaky headkicks, but If there is a guy who can eat them and keep coming it's Lineker. I think Tj would win by UD, he'd likely face a scare or two in the opening couple rounds(Assuming this is a five rounder).

I like Cruz vs Cody fight, but then again I'm a big Cruz fan and look forward to the schooling you talk about.

With TJ vs Lineker it would really come down to if TJ can take those huge blows Lineker throws. Lineker will do what he always does and walk TJ down for the whole fight. Maybe he'd go for Tds instead?

I'd be backing Lineker:

cx7JMJI.gif

TJ would land many sneaky headkicks, but If there is a guy who can eat them and keep coming it's Lineker. I think Tj would win by UD, he'd likely face a scare or two in the opening couple rounds(Assuming this is a five rounder).

I think TJ absolutely wrecks him in three, but I agree in a five rounder both men have to fight a little differently imo but Lineker won't lose power.

I honestly think Duane and company will just have TJ wrestle fuck Lineker, he's going to keep walking forward against TJ something he hasn't had since he fought Mike Easton - I think he'd just hit the single series, take his back and beat him up. Might even fish out a submission.

I would do Dillashaw vs Caraway and Lineker vs Rivera just because Caraway has no shot at beating TJ.

Oh your fucking kidding.

This is a joke.

Just confirms Dom is worried about TJ. The last fight should have been a draw. TJ arguably won, as did Dom. Draw IMO.

TJ getting screwed again.

Sucks that Dodson didn't get the nod over Lineker. That would have been the perfect fight to make for TJ right now.

I would do Dillashaw vs Caraway and Lineker vs Rivera just because Caraway has no shot at beating TJ.
If the UFC agrees with you (about Caraway not having a shot), they might feed him to TJ. Which I would love because TJ would absolutely school him and probably KO him. I always forget about Caraway, and I wouldn't be surprised if they offered him that fight and he declined unless they made it a promised number one contender fight, which to my memory hasn't happened in a while.

Good matchups though.
I like Cruz vs Cody fight, but then again I'm a big Cruz fan and look forward to the schooling you talk about.

With TJ vs Lineker it would really come down to if TJ can take those huge blows Lineker throws. Lineker will do what he always does and walk TJ down for the whole fight. Maybe he'd go for Tds instead?

I'd be backing Lineker:

cx7JMJI.gif

Agreed. I think TJ would go for takedowns, but the one consideration is that if you watch almost any TJ fight, he comes to scrap early. It often takes him a few minutes to settle into whatever gameplan they've devised for him, but early he likes to exchange in the pocket or wing up big kicks. Gonna be interesting if it happens, particularly early.

I like Lineker but he should not be getting a title eliminator after missing weight AGAIN. I have absolutely no idea how Lineker is ranked #2 at BW coming off a split decision win over a FLW. The ranking system in the UFC is so fucked up sometimes..

If we're insisting on the "money fight" (yeah right) of Cruz-Garbrandt and need something to occupy Dillashaw, a fight with Jimmie Rivera would probably be worth the price of admission.

I also wouldn't object to watching TJ beat the brakes off Caraway.

If the UFC agrees with you (about Caraway not having a shot), they might feed him to TJ. Which I would love because TJ would absolutely school him and probably KO him. I always forget about Caraway, and I wouldn't be surprised if they offered him that fight and he declined unless they made it a promised number one contender fight, which to my memory hasn't happened in a while.

Good matchups though.
Caraway is really close to a title shot and needs to be knocked down a peg before that happens. I think Rivera schools him as well, but TJ is a lock.

Just confirms Dom is worried about TJ. The last fight should have been a draw. TJ arguably won, as did Dom. Draw IMO.

TJ getting screwed again.

Yeah. People will say your 'bashing' or hating on Cruz for saying he's worried - but he probably is, and nobody can blame the guy. He arguably lost their last fight, and Cruz is smart enough to know that. He's probably confident he could take TJ in a rematch, but understands that Cody is going to sell more for far less risk. Can't blame the guy.

Back