Rogan vs water bottles

JDB

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

He says 150k "seems a bit excessive" then goes on to basically defend the athletic commission with comments like "they really shouldn't have thrown water bottles at each other."

This fucking guy.

Is this another one of those 'I hate Rogan or Schaub but here's a clip from one of their stupid podcasts' threads?

Don't forget the Monster energy cans.

Those comments are not mutually exclusive. They deserve to be punished, but 150K and 50 hours is a punishment that doesn't really fit the crime.

aB9vxRF.jpg

We must seek out the legend if we truly want to rid the world of all water bottles
1GraAbs.gif

Generally speaking yes, but not this one. This one I took from Reddit.com/r/mma.
You always have something ready, and appropriate. I couldnt google gifs and memes faster. Just a bravo to you.

yes the commission fined to much

yes rogan is right they shouldnt have thrown anything.

find something else that makes you dislike rogan

This guy is chatting absolute crap to impress Hogan

He says 150k "seems a bit excessive" then goes on to basically defend the athletic commission with comments like "they really shouldn't have thrown water bottles at each other."

This fucking guy.
So what exactly is it you have a problem with? Do you think 150k is a good number? Do you think they should be throwing water bottles at each other?

Those comments are not mutually exclusive. They deserve to be punished, but 150K and 50 hours is a punishment that doesn't really fit the crime.

last time he fought nate, he punched nates hand in a staredown. as in, they werent in a sanctioned mma bout, a guy hit another guy, punched him in fact. i the real world this is called assault. so he goes from that to lobbing bottles and cans into a big crowd, and rose namajunas was hit

people like to lapse into this weird fantasy world regarding fighters, where its ok to act like a twat to someone who you are basically competing in sport against. what would it mean if a snooker player punched another player in the hand right before their match, or if a tennis player started throwing cans at a crowd of spectators? thats fucking pathetic behaviour, fighters are subject to the same rules as anyone else.

end of the day conor got fined such a small percentage of his purse that it totally makes sense for him to continue to profit from this behaviour

last time he fought nate, he punched nates hand in a staredown. as in, they werent in a sanctioned mma bout, a guy hit another guy, punched him in fact. i the real world this is called assault. so he goes from that to lobbing bottles and cans into a big crowd, and rose namajunas was hit

people like to lapse into this weird fantasy world regarding fighters, where its ok to act like a twat to someone who you are basically competing in sport against. what would it mean if a snooker player punched another player in the hand right before their match, or if a tennis player started throwing cans at a crowd of spectators? thats fucking pathetic behaviour, fighters are subject to the same rules as anyone else.

end of the day conor got fined such a small percentage of his purse that it totally makes sense for him to continue to profit from this behaviour

I'm not condoning what Conor did at all, but Jones and Cormier got a smaller fine and less community service for having an actual brawl on stage, it's amazing no one was seriously injured. I know Conor got fined more money because of percentages, but they are totally arbitrary anyway. Conor's fine went from 10% to 5% and now NSAC have settled on 2.5% so it's clear they are charging whatever they want rather than adhering to some set of rules. They are making an example out of Conor because they are on a power trip.

Agreed.

I wonder if it had all only been water bottles if it would be different

There is a real difference between getting hit with a water bottle and one of those cans.

A full can hitting you in the face is a real problem. A water bottle is not really dangerous.

Either way, $150k is excessive and the community service is real chest puffing from the commission.

If any action from a fighter requires more than a $50k fine then I honestly think they should be suspended.

I don't think Conor deserves either here. This judgement is a real abuse of power.

Curious if Nate gets less because he didn't throw a can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back