If Rumble Wins - First Time 2 UFC Champions With Same Last Name?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Rumble wins at UFC 206, there's going to be:

FLW champion: Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson
LHW champion: Anthony "Rumble" Johnson

Has there ever been 2 UFC champions with the same last names before?

The only time i remember was when Cigano and Aldo were both Champions ... they shared the name "Junior" but not as last name.
I can agree that this is probably his best shot, but i dont believe Rumble will win tho ...

As far as I know it would be the first, would be cool if two brothers held the belts one day (get on that shit Diaz bros).

As far as I know it would be the first, would be cool if two brothers held the belts one day (get on that shit Diaz bros).

UFC 209, Nate is taking the LW belt.

From either Conor or Eddie, doesn't matter. Both are great matchups for him.

UFC 209, Nate is taking the LW belt.

From either Conor or Eddie, doesn't matter. Both are great matchups for him.

I think Eddie is a terrible match up for him. Nate doesn't defend takedowns. Good chance is resembles Benson vs Nate imo

I think Eddie is a terrible match up for him. Nate doesn't defend takedowns. Good chance is resembles Benson vs Nate imo

Eddie is nowhere near the wrestler Benson is. His BJJ is nowhere near as good as Benson's either.

Eddie is a high school wrestler who could barely take Pettis down. He wall and stalled to a victory.

Nate has a huge reach/height advantage over him and if he can keep him on the outside he will box him the fuck up. Nate has much better BJJ as well.

Hell, Conor probably has better BJJ than Eddie.

Are they related, is Demetrious son of Anthony?

Eddie is nowhere near the wrestler Benson is. His BJJ is nowhere near as good as Benson's either.

Eddie is a high school wrestler who could barely take Pettis down. He wall and stalled to a victory.

Nate has a huge reach/height advantage over him and if he can keep him on the outside he will box him the fuck up. Nate has much better BJJ as well.

Hell, Conor probably has better BJJ than Eddie.
Agree with all of this besides Conor having better BJJ

After Aoki subd Alvarez in 2008, Eddie submitted his next 5 opponents including Toby Imada and Josh Neer, both of whom had their black belts in BJJ.

But for the elite level that Eddie fights at, his BJJ is subpar

If Rumble wins at UFC 206, there's going to be:

FLW champion: Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson
LHW champion: Anthony "Rumble" Johnson

Has there ever been 2 UFC champions with the same last names before?

hmm I see TS, the only logical match after this is..

Super Fight: Johnson vs Johnson.

And how do you see that one going pal? Close one?
ac8.gif

Rogan didn't believe in any of that one-touch forcefield Shang Tsung kiai shit until he met Seagal
Rogan? She? no bro, the dude is a manlet. I know, it can be confusing, I something think men below 6'2 are women as well.

Dam manlets.

Edit: Oh I thought shit was "she". Still pretty smashed - see kids don't drugs - just do them in the quantities recommended to you by your dealer.

Rogan? She? no bro, the dude is a manlet. I know, it can be confusing, I something think men below 6'2 are women as well.

Dam manlets.

Edit: Oh I thought shit was "she". Still pretty smashed - see kids don't drugs - just do them in the quantities recommended to you by your dealer.

I started typing a response to that, but then realised it would result in an INSTANT ban.

Rogan is a manlet but he makes up for it by being the ultimate sports science bro and wikipedia conspiracy theorist. Rogan vs CM Punk at UFC 207.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back