Fabricio 'Vai Cavalo' Werdum vs Cain Ramirez Velasquez II

Who shall be victorious?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/...n-velasquez-rematch-made-official-for-ufc-207

036_Cain_Velasquez_and_Fabricio_Werdum.0.0.jpg

The long-discussed matchup of top heavyweight contenders at UFC 207 in Las Vegas on Dec. 30 has been made official, according to Yahoo Sports.

Werdum captured the heavyweight title from Velasquez at UFC 188 in Mexico City last year, via a third-round submission.

The duo were expected to rematch at UFC 196, but Velasquez had to pull out of the fight due to an injury. Werdum later went on to lose the title to Stipe Miocic via knockout at UFC 198

/

Las Vegas altitude: 2001'

ExemplaryWellgroomedAmericancreamdraft.gif

Last edited:
Werdum by sub

Style wise Werdum is just a bad matchup for Velasquez.

Relaxquez gets smashed everywhere again (boxing, kicking, clinch, guround) and finished

Cains main offense is clinch and GNP which are both inferior to Fabs guard/bottom game and Fab already crushed him in the clinch and nearly KOd him with a knee. Superior clinch game and he outboxed Cain who has shit head movement

Cains new spinning kicks wont do much, Fab is far better than Travis and can take Cain down off them if need be

Werdum peaked in that first fight with Cain. Im not sure he can come into the rematch in the same shape and with the same momentum motivation.

If he does I see him busting up Cain again and submitting him.

If Fabricio is even slightly lazy in his camp and doesnt come in fully prepared and motivated Cain is going to end him.

I am picking Werdum by sub. I think he'll beat Cain again but I am not overly confident in my pick.

Not at all sure but very much looking forward to this fight.

Heart says Cain but it's a very tough call, this is even harder call than Miocic Overeem, where it was 50/50 but Reems jaw gave me a reason to favor Stipe..

I am more interested in watching it than in calling who wins, to say the least. They're both extremely skilled. But will Cain's wrestling put him into Werdums hands? Will Werdum pull some crafty striking to land blows? Will full energy Cain just maul him after a bit?

Werdum with less 'cock guy' could have beat Stipe. It depends how Werdum comes into this fight, but I'd favor Cain.

I feel bad for Werdum having to fight two rematches in a row. He's lucky Edmond made the last one a cake walk, but Cain is coming for serious revenge.

I'm taking Cain, not sure why but I just think he's got it this time around. He looked so god damn good in his last fight.

Tough one to call.

Velasquez has a tendency to rebound with a vengeance (when he's coming off losses/getting a rematch), so I'm picking him. That's not to suggest that Werdum can't submit him again, which absolutely can happen.

I feel bad for Werdum having to fight two rematches in a row. He's lucky Edmond made the last one a cake walk, but Cain is coming for serious revenge.

Browne was probably an easier match up than Rothwell at this point, so I'd say Werdum got off pretty lucky with that match up.

Tough one to call.

Velasquez has a tendency to rebound with a vengeance (when he's coming off losses/getting a rematch), so I'm picking him. That's not to suggest that Werdum can't submit him again, which absolutely can happen.

Would be pretty wild if Cain just murks him like he did to JDS in their rematch.

Back