So who does Edson Barboza fight next?

rambosabeast

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Possible rematch with Michael Johnson, or Tony Ferguson? Looking at the rankings, and upcoming fights, I don't really know who could be lined up for him.

I wish he would spinning back kick Conor's head clean off

Johnson is fighting Khabib and Ferguson is fighting RDA, so......

Michael Chiesa
Will Brooks
Leonardo Santos
???

Whoever doesn't get the title shot from the Khabib-Johnson RDA-Ferguson fallout.

Nate Diaz for the lulz
Totally agreed. I think Nate would be a good fight for Barboza, since he´s #4 and Barboza is #5. Although I´m not sure Nate would like the idea of having his leg chopped off after the fight.

Chiesa is all that makes sense to me.

Barboza got outclassed all 3 rounds vs MJ, atleast vs Ferg it was more competitive even though he got finished.

Totally agreed. I think Nate would be a good fight for Barboza, since he´s #4 and Barboza is #5. Although I´m not sure Nate would like the idea of having his leg chopped off after the fight.

True but Barboza would be there for Nates long arms and snappy 1-2 which combined with lots of forward pressure is a great counter to a leg kick centered attack.

True but Barboza would be there for Nates long arms and snappy 1-2 which combined with lots of forward pressure is a great counter to a leg kick centered attack.
i don´t know man.... that forward pressure would be kicked out of him... Look at the RDA´s fight vs Nate for example.... of course RDA is a legit BJJ black belt and wasn´t afraid at all of Nate´s ground game, but that fight happened mostly on the feet and we saw what happened to Nate´s legs and footwork after a few of those RDA leg kicks landed.... now imagine Barboza´s kicks!!! Brutal.

Back