POLL: Who Do you think is a better Head for MMA? Coker or WME-IMG Suits

HateTheGame

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Alright, lets see where you guy's loyalty lie. Dana sold his share is basically a gloirifed spox now with no real power. He just spins what his bosses tell him to spin. So right now we got Scott Cokehead Coker leading Bellator, Some Asian dude for One, and a bunch of suits for the UFC.

Who's organization is going to die, and whos is going to thrive?

This is going to have split opinions. WME have a better hand right now so it will be hard to beat them out. But I like what Coker is doing

Coker booked Kimbo vs some sort of Rap artist security guard wielding a sledge hammer in the promo.... Are you even serious?

Alright, lets see where you guy's loyalty lie. Dana sold his share is basically a gloirifed spox now with no real power. He just spins what his bosses tell him to spin. So right now we got Scott Cokehead Coker leading Bellator, Some Asian dude for One, and a bunch of suits for the UFC.

Yeah...
I hate to point this out, but the playing field isn't exactly level.

Coker does freakshows and legit fights

Coker booked Kimbo vs some sort of Rap artist security guard wielding a sledge hammer in the promo.... Are you even serious?

He put up a better fight than CM Punk. That's saying something because he literally died.

Jianlin Wang would have been the best boss the sport ever had. UFC sold to the wrong guys.

0208_wang-jianlin-amc_1200x675-1200x675.jpg

IMO both are doing shit for MMA, I know this is business but I'm sure they could do some profit without selling the sport to the devil. Kimbo vs Dada and CM Punk debut are perfect examples of what I am talking about

When WME-IMG starts sending MMA promotions into the MMA graveyard, then we may have something comparable.

Coker seemed like a great leader during his Strikeforce years but his Bellator tenure has been a disappointment. The chasm between the UFC and Bellator has only grown during his time. I don't know much about the UFC owners but I'd take the group of successful businessmen over Coker.

I don't know man. I think Coker has more passion for MMA while WME just want a return on their investment.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/new-ufc-ownership-lays-off-significant-number-employees/

Just this week WME-IMG laid-off some senior excutives and some staff at our Canadian office and Toronto is one of the UFC's biggest markets. I like where Scott Coker is going with Bellator instead of trying to be the freak show alternative Coker is starting to take a serious approach to business starting to use the UFC's template to pump up their brand.

I think the debacle of the Kimbo Slice/Dada 5000 was a wake up call to get real, Bellator has talent in their ranks, talent that the UFC as taken on and would like more. I'm much more preferring how Bellator treats their fighters and respect for belts than what this New UFC is showing me...

WME booked a d-list actor with no fights and put it on the main card...

Zuffa had hired him before that deal was done, and Bellator would gladly have swept him into their roster. They probably would have given him a title shot.

I don't know.

I know nothing about One FC, but I have high hopes for Bellator with Coker at the helm. All the fighters seem to like him and he seems like a standup individual, or at least as standup as a businessman can be.

As for the UFC, I'm going to kick back and enjoy the show now that it has new owners. Whatever happens, things should get interesting.

I've no loyalty to any particular organization.

The suits at wme-Img can go fuck themselves. I was going to go to the Toronto card but not anymore. Probably will be streaming ppv's as much as possible now too. I was lazy and paid for them but I will make an effort to get the product for free now if I can.

I have no idea but Coker has really been a let down in Bellator IMO.

Back