Would DC beat JJ at HW?

seiger

Posting from a UK no-go zone in Northern Ireland
Banned
Reaction score
Lets look at the evidence. JJ has never fought at HW. DC was throwing Josh Barnett, a sizeable HW all over the cage. DC isnt stacked high. He is shorter than Weidman, but his power comes from his technique and incredible core strength. At HW he is only going to be more powerful.

temp-320-53005636.gif

JJ on the other hand is rangy and tall. HW might turn him into a kind of Overeem type, where he bulks up into this huge monster. On the other hand the gap between LHW and HW is 265. Can Jones really put on another 60 lbs of muscle and remain efficient as a fighter? We know what kind of advantage DC would have, but how does Jones look and how does the fight shape up in the higher weight division?

I don't see how it would matter. Both cut weight to make 205. DC would just end up with more flab on him than he has at 205. It's not like he was ripped as a heavyweight.

Highly doubt it. IMO it would favor jones more, since jones would also be heavier.

Heavyweight version of DC was better than LHW DC. Firas Zahabi also said this.

We don't know how Jones would have looked like at HW but assuming this would have been his first HW fight I'd give the advantage to DC. Jones would probably bulk up too much and end up gassing himself after 3 rounds.

I don't see how it would matter. Both cut weight to make 205. DC would just end up with more flab on him than he has at 205. It's not like he was ripped as a heavyweight.

Cormier would basically not have to weight cut at all. thats gotta be an advantage for him.

I have hard time imagining Bones going undefeated through DC's record at HW. I think one of Big foot, Barnett, Roy Nelson or even Mir finishes him. Obviously I mean those guys from the time DC fought them not the current versions.

Cormier would basically not have to weight cut at all. thats gotta be an advantage for him.

Yes. Jones is younger and cutting weight is easier for him.

It's like Canelo and GGG, they're both around the same weight but going down to 155 is a lot easier for younger Canelo.

I think DC beats himat either weight. Jones was on steroids his entire career so he's only going to deteriorate

Isn't JJ Joanna Jedrzejczyk?
Jones beats DC at LHW and HW however. DC picking up Josh is great but he's not exactly got the wrestling/defensive wrestling of Jones.
What does Jones walk about at and how much is he cutting to make 205?

I was amazed at how easily Jones handled the wrestling ability of DC. Cormier is a beast and could beat Jones at either weight, but I don't think that's what would make the difference.

DC would crush Jones at HW and likely beat him in a rematch at LHW too

I think DC beats himat either weight. Jones was on steroids his entire career so he's only going to deteriorate
How do you know Jones was on steroids his whole career? How do you know Jones was ever on steroids? Please explain, we would love to hear what bullshit you come up with. We just need a source thats all.

Oh and Jones beats DC again and has him crying in the post conference again.

How do you know Jones was on steroids his whole career? How do you know Jones was ever on steroids? Please explain, we would love to hear what bullshit you come up with. We just need a source thats all.

Oh and Jones beats DC again and has him crying in the post conference again.
Common sense. Get some

DC is kinda overrated at hw imo, but he did look better there than he has at lhw. He seemed to have more power in his punches and had more stamina and durability. Both guys have a great chin, but jones has never felt hw power. JJ has pillow fists and that is a big liability in the heavies. Im inclined to say that dc would Fare better vs jon at hw, though not sure he could pull of the w.

Lets look at the evidence. JJ has never fought at HW. DC was throwing Josh Barnett, a sizeable HW all over the cage. DC isnt stacked high. He is shorter than Weidman, but his power comes from his technique and incredible core strength. At HW he is only going to be more powerful.

temp-320-53005636.gif

JJ on the other hand is rangy and tall. HW might turn him into a kind of Overeem type, where he bulks up into this huge monster. On the other hand the gap between LHW and HW is 265. Can Jones really put on another 60 lbs of muscle and remain efficient as a fighter? We know what kind of advantage DC would have, but how does Jones look and how does the fight shape up in the higher weight division?
Jones doesnt need to put on 60 lbs.. He technically has to weigh 206 lbs to be considered a HW. Why would he put on 60 lbs?

Jon Jones is gone, done, finished...JJ is Joanna Jedrzejczyk.

Jon Jones is gone, done, finished...JJ is Joanna Jedrzejczyk.

joanna champion at hw would be interesting.

131030095704-shack-weightloss-amybeforesplit-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Im taking Cormier

Last edited:
Back