DC could be a 2 Weight Champ EASILY

GinjaNinja23

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Obviously DC is the UFC LHW champ. Damn good one as well. His skill, persona, etc. Make fans love the guy.

DC obviously was a HW at one time. Winning the SF Grand Prix and even fought in the UFC as a HW winning two bouts in dominant fashion.

DC only loss comes to Jones in what in my opinion was very competitive. Hate how people say he was dominated. Personally I scored the bout a tad different.

But anyways, I believe DC could take HW gold. I know since Cain is up there he doesn't want to but who could beat him? He'd dismantle everyone in the Top 5 IMO. Hardest fight for him would probably be Werdum.

What do you guys think? Would you like to see DC go back to HW to claim gold in a 2nd division? Can he do it? Or is time not on his side anymore?

wow ive never thought of this before or read a sherdog thread about it either. mind blown

No he couldn't.

He never even proved himself against the best HW's, despite beating a couple of top ranked ones.

Would like to see him go to heavyweight, but he said in a Q/A the other day that he plans to stay at 205 until he's done, which is the sensible idea.

no one could be a two weight champ easily.

but ya, he's a very good HW, though i'm not sure about the best. and he's certainly the 2nd best LHW of his generation, so far.

DC might be the second best fighter of all time. As of right now I can only see him loosing against a LHW Jones. I would favor him against everyone else.
But he is not getting any younger. And everyone can lose at HW. But he did have a good run at HW already.

He would beat stipe and be champ, and he's actually defended his title.

But that would make conor getting the shot look ridiculous so they would never do that

I think so. I think before he cut to LHW he was a top 3 or 4 HW.

Only if he cuts to 185. Miocic destroys the chubby old man easily.

DC is one of my favorite fighters but it would not be easy for him at all.

DC himself says Cain gets the better of him, maybe he's being humble but I would have a hard time seeing him as a clear favorite over Cain.

Stipe is like Gus but bigger and stronger, way more power and better wrestling.

JDS probably has comparable power to Rumble with better cardio, DC possibly could beat him via a Cain gameplan but he's very dangerous.

Werdum wouldn't be scared of being taken down at all, in fact wrestling him would be dangerous for DC and is also formidable standing. Probably beats DC like he did Cain plus he's 2-0 against short chubby elite HWs lol.

Not saying he couldn't beat those guys but I have a hard time picturing him going better than 2-2 if he fought all 4, plus even guys who I would favor him over such as Overeem and Arlovski would be dangerous because of the size/power.

DC still looks soft at 205, it wouldn't be easy, but I think he could make 185 if he really wanted to. I think he'd have way more success at MW than at HW, at 185 he'd be an absolute nightmare.

No he couldn't.

He never even proved himself against the best HW's, despite beating a couple of top ranked ones.

Ummm, I guess Barnett, Mir and Nelson don't count as good heavyweights.

miocic would beat him, jds would beat him and werdum would beat him.

No he couldn't.

he has proved himself, you just said, he beat 2 top guys in HW, not one.

He could be the HW champ. Easily is a big stretch. Stipe, junior, overeem, & Werdum are all very tough fights for dc. I really don't know who would win the stand up between Werdum & dc, but I doubt dc would take it to the ground. I could also see Alistair hurting him with knees to the body since he's so much taller. DC isn't pillow fisted but he's not a big one punch ko type of guy & that's usually what you need to keep overeem off of you early. It would be interesting for sure.

No he couldn't.

But he beat Bigfoot right after Bigfoot destroyed Fedor :oops:
I kind of agree tho. Bigfoot, mir, & especially Barnett are all really good wins, but they're a tier below Stipe/Werdum/Alistair/jds

I thought this was going to be about him going to MW and beating Bisping.

He would lose to Stipe, Reem, Fab, JDS

DC was never a top 3 HW and he never truly fought a top tier HW in their purime

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back