Joanna Champion 7.0: Civil War

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaNiK

Алфа Краљица
Platinum Member
Reaction score
On November 12, 2016 our current UFC Strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk (12-0) will defend her title for the 4th time against the #2 ranked UFC Strawweight contender, and former KSW Flyweight champion Karolina Kowalkiewicz (10-0). The bout will be featured on the main card of the UFC's first ever live pay per view event for UFC 205: Alvarez vs McGregor at the famed Madison Square Garden in New York City.

205_BoutAnn_JJKK_1024x512_ENG.jpg

Part of what makes this particular match up so intriguing is that not only are both Joanna and Karolina natives of Poland, but also the fact that they have previously fought against each other in amateur MMA competition on March 4, 2012, with Joanna beating Karolina via submission (RNC) in round 1 according to Wikipedia. However, in a recent video interview with Karolina she said that she lost to Joanna during "additional time", which sounds like an overtime round.

If their ammy fight went into overtime, I would think that means the fight was initially too close to call by the judges at it's conclusion, which again adds to the intrigue of this match up .... most especially since Joanna maintains that Karolina is not on her level skillwise.

23dSkmq.gif

Another new variable to consider in this match up is Joanna's sudden and unexpected move to the US/Florida based MMA training center, American Top Team/ATT last month. Personally, I was more surprised by the timing of the change in camps rather than the change itself. However, based on the recent photos and videos posted by Joanna and her team on social media, she seems to have acclimated nicely to her new camp and is doing work ... <{jojo}>

For the Polish fans of MMA in particular, this fight has actually been a long time coming and the backstory between Joanna and Karolina runs deeper than just an old ammy fight. With Joanna having established her professional MMA career outside of Poland, and Karolina being established within it, many Polish fans have long since heralded Karolina as the best female fighter in MMA.

The following fan made promotional video for UFC 205 (which is impeccably edited and produced) brilliantly incorporates the backstory between Joanna and Karolina into a better promo video than anything I've seen produced by the UFC.

There is about to be some Polish on Polish crime ...

*Special Note to Trolls* The intention behind this thread is positivity, and community, not hate, and not trolling. If you do not like Joanna Jedrzejczyk and wish to talk about your dislike of her, please go start your own thread on that topic. All Trolling will be reported …

seeing how alot of wmma fighters still aren't great at fighting, its nice to see someone like JJ whose so talented. One of the few wmma fighters i can actually watch and enjoy

On November 12, 2016 our current UFC Strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk (12-0) will defend her title for the 4th time against the #2 ranked UFC Strawweight contender, and former KSW Flyweight champion Karolina Kowalkiewicz (10-0). The bout will be featured on the main card of the UFC's first ever live pay per view event for UFC 205: Alvarez vs McGregor at the famed Madison Square Garden in New York City.

205_BoutAnn_JJKK_1024x512_ENG.jpg

Part of what makes this particular match up so intriguing is that not only are both Joanna and Karolina natives of Poland, but also the fact that they have previously fought against each other in amateur MMA competition on March 4, 2012, with Joanna beating Karolina via submission (RNC) in round 1 according to Wikipedia. However, in a recent video interview with Karolina she said that she lost to Joanna during "additional time", which sounds like an overtime round.

If their ammy fight went into overtime, I would think that means the fight was initially too close to call by the judges at it's conclusion, which again adds to the intrigue of this match up .... most especially since Joanna maintains that Karolina is not on her level skillwise.

23dSkmq.gif

Another new variable to consider in this match up is Joanna's sudden and unexpected move to the US/Florida based MMA training center, American Top Team/ATT last month. Personally, I was more surprised by the timing of the change in camps rather than the change itself. However, based on the recent photos and videos posted by Joanna and her team on social media, she seems to have acclimated nicely to her new camp and is doing work ... <{jojo}>

For the Polish fans of MMA in particular, this fight has actually been a long time coming and the backstory between Joanna and Karolina runs deeper than just an old ammy fight. With Joanna having established her professional MMA career outside of Poland, and Karolina being established within it, many Polish fans have long since heralded Karolina as the best female fighter in MMA.

The following fan made promotional video for UFC 205 (which is impeccably edited and produced) brilliantly incorporates the backstory between Joanna and Karolina into a better promo video than anything I've seen produced by the UFC.

There is about to be some Polish on Polish crime ...

*Special Note to Trolls* The intention behind this thread is positivity, and community, not hate, and not trolling. If you do not like Joanna Jedrzejczyk and wish to talk about your dislike of her, please go start your own thread on that topic. All Trolling will be reported …

Man I don't like Joanna's personality and I will be rooting for Karolina, but JoAnna's skills and toughness are really something else, so I gotta give her a lot of credit.

This fight feels like such a mismatch.

Both are much different/better fighters from when they fought before, but I think Joanna has progressed much more and will win handily. It should still be a good fight tho, I'm looking forward to it.

How far apart are their hometowns from each other? Is there a sports rivalry in them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back