Who's gonna be the next dominant champion in MW and WW?

NuMe

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
We had two dominant champions that cleaned their divisions, Andy and GSP.

Since they were dethroned/retired, there were three champions in each class:
Weidman, Rockhold and Bisping in MW, Hendricks, Lawler and Woodley in WW.
They weren't nearly as dominant as two goats above, and current champs Bisping and Woodley will probably be the underdogs in their next fights.

So who's gonna have, let's say at least 5 title defenses, in MW and WW? What's your pick?

no one on the horizon, IMO. both belts will do the same thing the LW belt has been doing since Edgar beat BJ.

My brain says

MW
08545eafdc30b314c7bfaeb4971f973f.jpg

WW
WonderboyTKOSHendricks1.jpg

My desire says

MW
q54D3NJq.jpeg

WW
Meek1.jpg

Weidman and Wonderboy

1476883773768.jpg

It's gonna be awhile and not anybody in the division now

We had two dominant champions that cleaned their divisions, Andy and GSP.

Since they were dethroned/retired, there were three champions in each class:
Weidman, Rockhold and Bisping in MW, Hendricks, Lawler and Woodley in WW.
They weren't nearly as dominant as two goats above, and current champs Bisping and Woodley will probably be the underdogs in their next fights.

So who's gonna have, let's say at least 5 title defenses, in MW and WW? What's your pick?
Noone is the answer. Weidman was approaching 5 defenses and was dominant in a relative sense. The divisions are full of old killers. Jacare, Romero, Maia, and yes, Bisping. GSP and Andy reigned in a Strikeforce free environment. Stop wishing for the good old days when even a guy like Franklin could rack up a few defenses.

WW: Woodley
MW: Bisping

Just for the sheer butthurt.

Noone is the answer. Weidman was approaching 5 defenses and was dominant in a relative sense. The divisions are full of old killers. Jacare, Romero, Maia, and yes, Bisping. GSP and Andy reigned in a Strikeforce free environment. Stop wishing for the good old days when even a guy like Franklin could rack up a few defenses.
I'm not wishing for that, it's more exciting if the belt changes hands more often. I just wanted to hear people's opinion. I'd say that as sport evolves, especially in stacked classes like these 2, there won't be dominant champions soon.

Dunno as we'll see that kind of dominance in those divisions for a while. If anyone I'm thinking Weidman at MW. I know he lost to Rockhold, but I still think he might be the man at 185. Just my opinion. I know the Chris hate runs so strong in here that some are convinced he should be ranked below Chris Leben, but before Rockhold he was on a tear. His next fight will really show a lot about his future, i believe.

WW? We'll see how Woodley/Wonderboy goes.

People will hate, but dead serious when I say this:

Michael Page

The winner of Jacare/Rockhold. And I'm thinking none WW belt will constantly change hands

Wonderboy probably, in MW its going to be one between Weidman or Rockhold, cant see someone new with a "dominant" run at MW, Romero is too old to last, and pissed hot once already.

As long as romero is around he can fuck up anyone, but i think a focused rockhard beats them all right now and will do so.

Welterweight no one. Rock paper scissor right now with the likes of maia, wonderboy and woodley.

Back