GSP wants to fight Ben Askren

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So by now we've all heard about GSP wanting 10 million to fight Conor Mcgregor. According to Eric Spicely (posted it on twitter) who is training at tri-star he is most interested in fighting Ben Askren outside of the UFC. Who wins this fight? Do you see him having success in OneFC?

I personally think this is a terrible idea. Conor may be a LW but he would knock GSP's head off and Askren would show him the true meaning of getting grapplefucked. I think GSP should be realistic and call out a FW. Maybe someone like Dennis Siver.

Last edited:
Ben Askren is legit, unfortunately that isn't enough for the welterweight GOAT. GSP wins UD.

Would like to see it though.

I don't think One could pay him what he wants but I'd actually watch a ONEFC event if that happened.

might be the most boring fight of all time. coming from a big GSP fan.

We could have already seen it if not for that fuckin goof the baldfather. Funky Ben belongs in the UFC.

might be the most boring fight of all time. coming from a big GSP fan.
Might turn out like the Fitch vs okami fight or Maia vs sheild fight. Fitch vs sheild probably gonna be the same shit.

Idk, Wrestlers are usually his more entertaining fights
might be another jab fest like the kos fight. depends on how aggressive askren was willing to be, other option would be they tie up and hug against the cage for the whole fight. you'd have to guess that GSP's TDs aren't as explosive as they used to be at this point and he'll struggle more with that now. i doubt it would be fireworks no matter how it went down though.

So by now we've all heard about GSP wanting 10 million to fight Conor Mcgregor. According to Eric Spicely (posted it on twitter) who is training at tri-star he is most interested in fighting Ben Askren outside of the UFC. Who wins this fight? Do you see him having success in OneFC?

I personally think this is a terrible idea. Conor may be a LW but he would knock GSP's head off and Askren would show him the true meaning of getting grapplefucked. I think GSP should be realistic and call out a FW. Maybe someone like Dennis Siver.
lol conor would knock gsp out? cant take anything you say serious from the rest of your life as being a mma fan.

This kind of "fight" would tell us who was the better wrestler. I am always leary of those match ups. Against Conor it would be a fight for sure, I imagine it would look a lot like the GSP vs. Condit fight. Where the Askren fight you can see at any grappling event.

Those worried about the money if UA can sponsor GSP they fork over millions, so the money will not be a huge deal even for OneFC.

might be another jab fest like the kos fight. depends on how aggressive askren was willing to be, other option would be they tie up and hug against the cage for the whole fight. i doubt it would be fireworks no matter how it went down though.

1. Askren doesn't have a fraction of the punching power Kos had, 2. the Kos fight really wasn't a bad fight imo, 3. When have you seen GSP tie up another wrestler against the cage and hug them for a whole fight?

As for whom GSP would fight next outside UFC, I've Ben Askren myself this question for a while.

This has the potential to be the most boring 25 minutes in Mma history. Somebody would definitely be pregnant by the end.

3. When have you seen GSP tie up another wrestler against the cage and hug them for a whole fight?
i know that, but like I said if askren is aggressive and goes for TDs of his own, that could conceivably happen. depends on whether GSP is still the same fighter he was, which i kind of doubt. it could turn into a grapple-fest on the feet IMO.

2009 GSP dominates any version of Asrken. Now? I don't know. Big question marks about GSP's super long layoff and how much he really recovered from the injury.

As for whom GSP would fight next outside UFC, I've Ben Askren myself this question for a while.
230114_908223010_zpsazcketts.png

GSP has a stiff jab and a great wrestler. He would beat Ben and I agree it would be a boring one but I would watch it. You must be delusional if you think Mcchoke beats GSP. GSP would ground and pound that non wrestler wanna be

Back