Hypocrisy of MMA community.

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
GSP's lawyer says UFC contracts are like slavery, everyone jumps on Dana on GSP's support.
Fedor said UFC contracts are draconian , everyone jumped on him asking questions about Fedor's willingness to fight in the UFC.

Why so different?

tumblr_ne78q5TtfF1r1gqmzo1_500.gif

fTTBLia.gif
?

I'm pretty sure there's a diversity of opinion on both of those situations, TS.

because gsp ran through the ufc for years stacking up more top 5 wins than anyone ever and fedor ducked the ufc to fight 0-1 bums in matches controlled by the yakuza

Yeah, if only Fedor had as many fans as GSP, right? :rolleyes:

GSP's lawyer says UFC contracts are like slavery, everyone jumps on Dana on GSP's support.
Fedor said UFC contracts are draconian , everyone jumped on him asking questions about Fedor's willingness to fight in the UFC.

Why so different?
Cus Fedor looks funny

because gsp ran through the ufc for years stacking up more top 5 wins than anyone ever and fedor ducked the ufc to fight 0-1 bums in matches controlled by the yakuza

Fedor actually finished fights, laying and praying for a boring decision is hardly the definition of "running through"

'MMA community' backwards is 'hypocrisy'

Kinda like "Don't believe Dana's lies". Until he talks about their favorite fighter in a positive way.

Why so different?
This is a good point. There are some differences, though. Fedor was being led by some very bad management at the time who tried to use Fedor's negotiations with the UFC to gain attention for their own MMA promotion by making Fedor demand a co-promotion event, which was never going to happen. I don't doubt that Fedor wanted to fight in the UFC, and I don't doubt that the UFC offered some shady clauses in their contract offers to him, but Fedor's management is at least partly to blame as well.

It also ties into the fact that most of the HWs from PRIDE signed on with the UFC and Fedor didn't, so regardless of the draconian contract terms (which I fully believe they were), Fedor didn't go with the crowd, so he was criticized for it.

Because people, including myself, really, REALLY wanted Fedor to fight in the UFC both after Pride and later after Affliction. And his management demanded co-promotion. Vadim and that media dude came off as selfish gangsters, which didn't help. While GSP has already fought in the UFC, so the newness isn't there. Then the actual topic, the contract, becomes the talking point.

There's also the pro-UFC crowd who said Fedor was a bum.

Fedor was/is part owner of his own promotion. GSP is not... yet.

you get that if some subset of a large group of people think one way on one thing, and another subset think a different way on a somewhat related topic, it doesn't mean the large group is hypocritical, right?

"like OMG America, first you elect GWB and then you elect Obama; hypocrites!" lol GWB got less than 51% of the popular vote in 2004 (vastly higher than in 2000). and yes, you can find countless examples of some people wanting Bush in 2004 and ALSO countless examples of some people wanting Obama in 2008. right?

OTOH, if you find one particular poster who posted that Fedor's stance is a cop out and GSP is standing tall, you should call out that poster as a hypocrite. i'll wait while you dig that up. cheers.

Last edited:
Any time athletes or agents reference slavery in regards to contracts I want to fk'n wretch. It's such utter bullshit of a comparison. They can effectively get their point across without referencing one of the most horrible practices in human history... /sigh

Why so different?

Lol. You can speak about hypocrisy eh. Such a fucking joke.

You chatted so much shit about Khabib being in bed with some dictator yet your idol has been bum buddies with the biggest and most cruel dictator around at the moment for years.

That's fuckin' doube standard and hypocrisy.

Why so different?

The Cold War and Rocky IV are the best I've got. That's enough for me to hate on Russians, personally. Plus, the Canadians are nice people and everyone's always picking on them. This is Canada's moment to shine, don't try to steal their thunder, FG.

Lol. You can speak about hypocrisy eh. Such a fucking joke.

You chatted so much shit about Khabib being in bed with some dictator yet your idol has been bum buddies with the biggest and most cruel dictator around at the moment for years.

That's fuckin' doube standard and hypocrisy.

You got it all wrong. If anyone I have blamed, it was Fabricio Werdum. That thread I made, there I made it clear that Khabib may have some obligation to stand behind of Kadyrov because both of them are from same teritory( Kind of). So him standing besides Kadirov & supporting him is still justifiable. Same with Fedor. You don't shit on the pot you eat from,

Back