How manly would you find a non-HW fighter who consistently weighs in several pounds under the limit?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Like a 165 lb WW or something. Would you find him a man of men (or woman of women if female) or would you think he is being silly and should drop down?

the balls on this guy would be raw from them dragging on the ground their so big!

Like a 165 lb WW or something. Would you find him a man of men (or woman of women if female) or would you think he is being silly and should drop down?
as manly as BJ Penn?

siKMesu.png

This is one of the main reasons Penn and Sakuraba are considered legends in the sport, so I think the answer to your questions is no.

pretty sure you have to be 206 or higher to be sanctioned to fight at heavyweight. so are you asking if they weighed in at 206-210?

Didn't Machida do this a couple of times too? And that guy drinks his own piss...

Edgar should fight at 135.

top5 155er of all time.

Fighters try to get every pound they can as an advantage so I think it'd be cool to not struggle to weight the limit. Fight at welterweight if you weight 167. Is 3 pounds a good excuse for losing?

About 1/10th as "Manly" as Randy Couture competing at the top level of the HW division in the UFC.

If you think that any lower weightclass fighter futzing around with 5-10 pounds is equal to the difference Randy gave away in HW championship title fights against Sylvia, Gonzaga & Lesnar, you are nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know abou the rest of SD, but when I get my manly scale out and apply it against a specimen, the chief judging criteria is what they do when they are consistently 2 or 3 lbs below the limit. If they stay in that division I break the scale because it can't measure shit like that.

Nah, reserved for guys who fight open weight.

If you do weigh in 5 pounds under the limit, you dumb.

About 1/10th as "Manly" as Randy Couture competing at the top level of the HW division in the UFC.

If you think that any lower weightclass fighter futzing around with 5-10 pounds is equal to the difference Randy gave away in HW championship title fights against Sylvia, Gonzaga & Lesnar, you are nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it fair to say the measure of manliness is the Randy? As in the unit? As in, said fighter would be 0.1R (Randies) of manliness.

Can we do this?

This little Japanese guy is the manlyest man.

Last edited:
Fighters try to get every pound they can as an advantage so I think it'd be cool to not struggle to weight the limit. Fight at welterweight if you weight 167. Is 3 pounds a good excuse for losing?
It's not really 3 lbs tho is it? A WW fighter often cuts from around 84 kg walk around down to 77, then rehydrates do around 81-2 overnight to be heavier and stronger on fight night. 82 kg (around 182 lbs) compared to 75 (168 lbs) is pretty meaningful if their skill is the same.

It's not really 3 lbs tho is it? A WW fighter often cuts from around 84 kg walk around down to 77, then rehydrates do around 81-2 overnight to be heavier and stronger on fight night. 82 kg (around 182 lbs) compared to 75 (168 lbs) is pretty meaningful if their skill is the same.
That's why it's rated at 0.5R units of manliness. Let's not be silly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back