Alvarez vs Conor BJJ

freakyfarley

Adam Farley inc.
@Brown
Reaction score
They're both brown belts, only Conor has it longer so he's probably better at Jiu Jitsu.

I'm thinking about betting some money on Conor submitting Eddie Alvarez. It would be a surprise attack from Conor's side and I doubt Eddie would see it coming.

Conor's brown belt is from the same cereal Cigano and Rashad got their black belt.

They're both brown belts, only Conor has it longer so he's probably better at Jiu Jitsu.

I'm thinking about betting some money on Conor submitting Eddie Alvarez. It would be a surprise attack from Conor's side and I doubt Eddie would see it coming.

94a.jpg

I think Conor will submit him. Conor has a much better guard than Pettis, who gave Eddie trouble during 5 rounds

If this fight goes to the ground, Conor is in trouble. I don't care what color belt Irish Edmund gave him.

In all honesty I'll bet that their JJ levels are pretty close.
However Eddie has the better wrestling which will help his JJ game.

I would love to see Conor hit a sub from the bottom though.
Definitely not something Eddie will be expecting.
Sherdog would implode

Eddie's the more proven grappler in MMA. In a pure no-gi or BJJ match Conor might be able to match Eddie, but if you watch most of Eddie's fights, he's very comfortable on the mat and has the savvy to combine strikes with transitions better than one can expect Conor to simply because of the lack of experience.

I think that Eddie will likely hold Conor against the fence early and often if he can't secure takedowns, and they'll only be on the mat if one guy drops the other or late and I'm not sure the belt status is going to matter at that point.

Conor is at a clear disadvantage on the ground.

I could see Conor catching a guillotine on Eddie.

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if Conor was as good or better than Eddie at BJJ. People who are only going off the first Nate fight often forget that it's difficult to defend against a legit black belt when you are already half knocked out.

I bet both guys spent most of their time on the mat learning how to defend mainly. I would be surprised as hell if Conor submitted him.

q4JK_f-maxage-0.gif

Back