aldo vs cruz would be MASSIVE!!!

Speckoh

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
can we all encourage cruz and aldo that this superfight HAS to happen?! It would do wonders for both fighters. If either fighter wins, they would be title holders of both divisions if an agreement could be made. Also, if Aldo and Conor wins, it'll be Aldo with BW/FW(int) vs Conor with LW/FW.

That alone would draw INSANE numbers!

Aldo would crush cruz. conor got lucky as fuck against jose, people are forgetting

i dont see that being a massive buyrate at all. Neither bring in huge numbers. a ppv with them headlining probably does around 300k-350k

Aldo would have to fight at 135 for the bantamweight title to be on the line. That's from the commission not the promoter. In other words the commission world not sanction this as a 135 lb. title fight unless aldo can make 135. There's no way Aldo makes 135. Id still watch though, make it happen.

It would only be massive amongst fans that actually follow the sport. Neither of them transcend beyond that like a Conor, Brock, or Ronda.

Nevertheless I would LOVE to see it.

I would love to see that happen but can jose fight max before that ?

tumblr_mzi7ktPV6s1r6jnjdo1_400.gif

Aldo vs Cruz

Nobody cares about Aldo, remember? Sherdog keeps reminding us so.

They would be lucky to push 450-500k. Jose as great as he is, ain't" the champ anymore.

Nobody cares about Aldo, remember? Sherdog keeps reminding us so.

His PPV numbers remind us so. Cruz too. Neither has ever drawn a dime. That's not meant to disrespect, it's just true. You don't take two non drawing fighters, put them against each other, and expect big sales.

Cruz vs Aldo would look identical to Edgar vs Aldo PPV wise. All great, amazing fighters, but nowhere close to being PPV draws.

i dont see that being a massive buyrate at all. Neither bring in huge numbers. a ppv with them headlining probably does around 300k-350k

I think your overetimating the mega star that is Aldo and his wonderful 180k buy rates.

He has never been a driving force behind any ppv numbers

Aldo is not fighting for UFC anymore.

His PPV numbers remind us so. Cruz too. Neither has ever drawn a dime. That's not meant to disrespect, it's just true. You don't take two non drawing fighters, put them against each other, and expect big sales.

Cruz vs Aldo would look identical to Edgar vs Aldo PPV wise. All great, amazing fighters, but nowhere close to being PPV draws.

Except both Edgar and Aldo were still near the height of there popularity at that time.

Cruz is a great talker, and is a champion u can get behind if he stays healthy, and I just see an Aldo fight taking away from a guy who actually knows how to promote a fight

It'd be great for fans, wouldn't do shit for casuals. Both of em are ethnic fighters, you gotta have a whitey in there for the stay at home casuals to give a flying fuck about.

Aldo would crush cruz. conor got lucky as fuck against jose, people are forgetting

Spot on. One of Aldo's leg kicks would cripple Cruz. And that is exactly how I saw the McGregor/Aldo fight. No disrespect to Conor, he has proven to be a good fighter, but his left hook landed first. Aldo was knocked out and still throwing his left and still caught Conor. I could see a scenario wherein Conor loses to Alvarez and they hopefully make Aldo/McGregor II but I am not holding my breath.

Back