Josh Samman: another victim of Big Pharma?

Snyper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
"[Samman’s] cause of death is a probable drug overdose based on the circumstances and hospital drug screen that was positive for drugs, but we could not confirm this as they only hold specimens for three days,” the Broward County Medical Examiner allegedly told TMZ Sports.

"And in spite of speculation, there was no heroin found in Josh's system whatsoever. No matter what people are posting on social media,” she said.

Has anyone heard what he overdosed on? Since the drugs are not disclosed ain't the report, as recreational drugs usually are, my bet is prescription pills. Quite unfortunate, if so. The guy beats heroin to become a successful Mixed Martial Artist only to be finished by so-called "legal" drugs. The MMA world is so consumed by PED's that they are missing the elephant in the room that is literally killing people. I'm sure Chris Leban can shed some light on the fighter, pill-popping epidemic.

His buddy did heroin and he didn't? Sure. His mom is the only person saying he didn't do heroin.

If his friend had a heroin overdose I suspect he also did, I understand his mother wanting to deny it though, super sad shitty aituation for all involved.

Hope he found his peace.

He was a victim of his own stupidity/addiction, period. Don’t try to blame anyone else for overdosing. Blaming “Big pharm” is the dumbest shit I’ve read here in a while. Blame the person that sought out, bought, and took the drugs. Not to mention, it’s highly unlikely he overdosed and died on prescription meds.

He was a victim of his own stupidity, period. Don’t try to blame anyone else for overdosing. Blaming “Big pharm” is the dumbest shit I’ve read here in a while. Blame the person that sought out, bought, and took the drugs. Not to mention, it’s highly unlikely he overdosed and died on prescription meds.
Why is it highly unlikely? People OD on prescription drugs all the time.

Calling a drug addict 'stupid' is such an oversimplification. You don't seem to have a lot of life experience.

Why is it highly unlikely? People OD on prescription drugs all the time.

Calling a drug addict 'stupid' is such an oversimplification. You don't seem to have a lot of life experience.
I'm certain I have more than you. I've taken prescription pain killers for years, yet I'm smart enough to not get addicted to them. However, I didn't mean to suggest becoming addicted is always a result of stupidity. Poor choice of words on my part.

However, given the circumstances, it's highly unlikely it was prescription drugs.

ALcohol, benzos and opiates are a recipe for disaster, not sure if that may be the culprit but seems to be the most common way to OD these days....

I'm certain I have more than you. I've taken prescription pain killers for years, yet I'm smart enough to not get addicted to them. However, I didn't mean to suggest becoming addicted is always a result of stupidity. Poor choice of words on my part.

However, given the circumstances, it's highly unlikely it was prescription drugs.
Sorry to hear that.

I know people who are addicted to pain medications or antidepressants, and they're not stupid at all. They just got dependant on them to function because the pain was so overwhelming.

TS you should just delete this thread nothing good will come of this stupidity.

Sorry to hear that.

I know people who are addicted to pain medications or antidepressants, and they're not stupid at all. They just got dependant on them to function because the pain was so overwhelming.

Absolutely. I’ve felt the effects of withdrawal before when I had to go a while without them for upcoming surgery. I now understand where the term “skin is crawling” comes from. It’s awful. I’m probably not being completely honest when I say I’m not addicted, because in some ways my body is. But mentally, I have no desire to take the meds. And I’ve managed to wean my body to only taking 1 or 1.5 pill a day, vs. the 4/day the prescription calls for.

My original point was in regards to those that continue to take more and more, looking for a better high. Eventually overdosing. It’s completely preventable, and is caused by nothing more than poor life choices.

Absolutely. I’ve felt the effects of withdrawal before when I had to go a while without them for upcoming surgery. I now understand where the term “skin is crawling” comes from. It’s awful. I’m probably not being completely honest when I say I’m not addicted, because in some ways my body is. But mentally, I have no desire to take the meds. And I’ve managed to wean my body to only taking 1 or 1.5 pill a day, vs. the 4/day the prescription calls for.

My original point was in regards to those that continue to take more and more, looking for a better high. Eventually overdosing. It’s completely preventable, and is caused by nothing more than poor life choices.
Yeah that sucks. I understand your sentiment completely and I share the same attitude in regards of not taking too much.

I just don't have that 'condemning' sentiment towards people who relapse/OD.

(glad this has been a decent convo)

"[Samman’s] cause of death is a probable drug overdose based on the circumstances and hospital drug screen that was positive for drugs, but we could not confirm this as they only hold specimens for three days,” the Broward County Medical Examiner allegedly told TMZ Sports.

"And in spite of speculation, there was no heroin found in Josh's system whatsoever. No matter what people are posting on social media,” she said.

Has anyone heard what he overdosed on? Since the drugs are not disclosed ain't the report, as recreational drugs usually are, my bet is prescription pills. Quite unfortunate, if so. The guy beats heroin to become a successful Mixed Martial Artist only to be finished by so-called "legal" drugs. The MMA world is so consumed by PED's that they are missing the elephant in the room that is literally killing people. I'm sure Chris Leban can shed some light on the fighter, pill-popping epidemic.

Purely speculation here, but his roommate supposedly had cocaine, heroin and alcohol in his system. I would assume Josh had the same stuff in his system. They were together at the time.

He was a victim of his own stupidity/addiction, period. Don’t try to blame anyone else for overdosing. Blaming “Big pharm” is the dumbest shit I’ve read here in a while. Blame the person that sought out, bought, and took the drugs. Not to mention, it’s highly unlikely he overdosed and died on prescription meds.
Get off your high horse and show respect when its due. Everyone makes mistakes remember?

Get off your high horse and show respect when its due. Everyone makes mistakes remember?

Explain to me why respect is warranted for someone that caused their own death because they wanted to get high?

Back