I think the new owners are going to make an example out of GSP.

Ballsack Mcgee

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This is the perfect storm for an example to be made and to send a clear signal to all the fighters. There has been so much talk of unhappy fighters in the UFC lately and especially because of the 4 billion dollar sale, the fighters want more of that pie. GSP is trying to play hard ball with them in the media and a company as big and experienced as WME is not going to just roll over and take it. They know not caving into a fighter as big as GSP would send a clear signal to the other fighters that they mean business. And since GSP has been gone for 3 years, losing him isn't that big of a hit considering they still have Conor and Ronda now and GSP has no where near the momentum as far as his star power is concerned as he use to. Add the fact that this is the twilight of his career and he probably only has a couple years left anyways. I think GSP fucked himself by going on the biggest MMA podcast and declaring himself a free agent and having his lawyer claim they were going to change things for all the fighters when it comes to contracts.

Thoughts?

The UFC wants GSP'z drawing power. Not sure how smart it is to make an example out of him when they have all that debt.

GSP has no where near the momentum as far as his star power is concerned as he use to.

I disagree with that. I think GSP will be right up there with McGregor numbers... & as long as he is winning... his drawing power will remain at that level.

The opponent is a big question mark though. A title fight would be the biggest draw. I think the UFC threw him Robbie Lawler (instead of the winner of Wonderboy & Woodley) because GSP'z lawyers were playing hardball. They were like okay, f*ck you if you want to push for a 10 day notice, you don't get the title shot then.

I'm just guessing though.

Last edited:
i hope the fighters come together & form some type of union. That'd be funny

No way. Gypsy is one of the three greatest fighters of all time. They will come to terms. The UFC would be worse off if St Pierre went to Bellator and started pinching his nipples over there. Plus people would be pissed. It'll be like all of the anger people felt when they found out Doritos wasn't made with real corn.

iVnvvm7.jpg

What's Gsp have to lose in that conflict?

Not fighting again?

Gsp doesn't need the UFC.

GSP - "I'm not impressed by your contract...and I look forward to signing with you again"

gsp is beyond irrelevant at this point. He is in for a rude awakening.

It will be the other way around man. This really is the tipping point. If you don't think fighters will rally against this BS eventually you're nuts. Every other major sport has a union for a reason.

i dont understand your line of thought at all. the ufc needs gsp, gsp does not need the ufc. gsp will not be "fucked", hes a millionaire goat and any org will jump at signing him first chance they get.

Ronda will be retired by years end after losing to nunes and conor could retire at any time, and has already threatened too.

just because they have like 2-3 stars doesnt mean they dont need gsp. they need gsp badly to bring back the canadian market.

ultimately the ufc is just hurting themselves by not giving gsp a good contract.

ill laugh my ass off if they lose him to bellator but i dont see that happening.

What's Gsp have to lose in that conflict?

Not fighting again?

Gsp doesn't need the UFC.
Well yeah, that's it. Unless he can get out of his contract... he would just have to not fight again if he didn't fight for the UFC. If he'z fine with that... then you are correct. If he does want to, or need to fight again though... that's a different story.

He might not care... he might just be trying this thing with the lawyers & if it works fine.... & if he has to walk then that's fine too.

The whole problem I think is that Under Armour is a competitor of Reebok & GSP's contract waz written before Reebok. However, the UFC can't just let GSP stroll in with his Under Armour stuff on because that would be a violation of the Reebok deal. So it's a stand off.

UFC will protect thier interests. I don't know about an example out of GSP. Anyone try and leave with fights on contract will get an injunction and land themselves in court. A contract is a contract.

Notice Scott Coker is not stupid enough to sign him. He knows the deal unlike sherdoggers and naive GSP getting taken for ride by some shylock

GPS has fuck you money. Can't really make an example of him without doing a lot of damage to the Canadian market. Going to war with GPS as you're laying off 80% of your Canadian staff is extremely bad PR.

That said, Ari Gold has an ego the size of Ronda's cankles and I hope he hits the nuclear option and go scorch earth on GPS's tight sexy butt-cheeks.

I think GSP will be alone and eventually cave in. WME is no joke and pretty much control the entertainment business. I don't think the lawyers want to get on the wrong side of things.

GPS has fuck you money. Can't really make an example of him without doing a lot of damage to the Canadian market. Going to war with GPS as you're laying off 80% of your Canadian staff is extremely bad PR.

That said, Ari Gold has an ego the size of Ronda's cankles and I hope he hits the nuclear option and go scorch earth on GPS's tight sexy butt-cheeks.

He taking all these trips, that money is drying up and you can tell. That's why he want to come back.

Anyone who thinks the UFC needs GSP is as delusional as he is.

Overvaluation is the word of the day, kids.

Treating GSP like sh** shows that they will treat anyone like that. GSP has been a company man for the UFC for years and made them a lot of money.

If anything this would show that the UFC is a sh** employer and more and more guys will choose different orgs.

The UFC will not look like a winner if they don't give GSP a nice contract or just let him go. They can only hurt themselves by trying to force their will on him.

They will keep losing top fighters and prospects won't sign with them if they find better conditions elsewhere.

Bellator is probably quite happy with the way things are going concerning GSP even if they don't get him.

I know one thing for damn sure; this contract dispute is going to go the distance.

Back