Fedor, GSP, Silva, Aldo: Which of the 4 goats had the most difficult opponents during their reign?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
this is my sequence, from the most to the least difficult:

FEDOR: The most impressive run ever, especially for being a HW (where 1 punch changes a life!) and for such a long time against so many giants. Fedor Bless!
He fought: Haseman, Schilt, Herring, Minotauro (2x), Valavicius, Fujita, Goodridge, Nagata, Coleman (2x), Randleman, Ogawa, Kohsaka, Cro Cop, W. Martins, Hunt, Lindland, H.M. Choi, T. Sylvia, Arlovski, Rodgers.

GSP: Had no holes in his game. Perhaps the most dominant champion, in a reign where he never gave any opponent (except Hendrix) even a small chance at his belt. People say he was boring and never finished fights, but look at all these badass mofos he faced...
He fought: Hughes, Serra, Fitch, Penn, T. Alves, Hardy, Koscheck, Shields,Condit, Diaz, Hendrix.

SILVA: Truly the flashiest and maybe most talented of them all. Made things look easy. His highlights are ridiculous! Took huge risks just for the sake of the show and while on top, so even more impressive.
He fought: Franklin (2x), Lutter, Marquardt, Henderson, Irvin, Cote, Leites, Griffin, Maia, Sonnen (2x), Belfort, Okami, Bonnar.

ALDO: WEC Aldo was a beast and one of the most feared small fighters ever in the cage. And by far one of the pound for pound most well rounded champions in the ufc. Had the best low kicks and TDD in the game.
He fought: Brown, Faber, Gamburyan, Hominick, Florian, Mendes (2x), Edgar, Jung, Lamas.

So sherdog, what´s your opinion? Who had the most difficult competition?

Last edited:
interesting question.

for me, this is my sequence, from the most to the least difficult:

FEDOR: The most impressive run ever, especially for being a HW (where 1 punch changes a life!) and for such a long time against so many giants. Fedor Bless!
He fought: Haseman, Schilt, Herring, Minotauro (2x), Valavicius, Fujita, Goodridge, Nagata, Coleman (2x), Randleman, Ogawa, Kohsaka, Cro Cop, W. Martins, Hunt, Lindland, H.M. Choi, T. Sylvia, Arlovski, Rodgers.

GSP: Had no holes in his game. Perhaps the most dominant champion, in a reign where he never gave any opponent (except Hendrix) even a small chance at his belt. People say he was boring and never finished fights, but look at all these badass mofos he faced...
He fought: Hughes, Serra, Fitch, Penn, T. Silva, Hardy, Koscheck, Shields,Condit, Diaz, Hendrix.

SILVA: Truly the flashiest and maybe most talented of them all. Made things look easy. His highlights are ridiculous! Took huge risks just for the sake of the show and while on top, so even more impressive.
He fought: Franklin (2x), Lutter, Marquardt, Henderson, Irvin, Cote, Leites, Griffin, Maia, Sonnen (2x), Belfort, Okami, Bonnar.

ALDO: WEC Aldo was a beast and one of the most feared small fighters ever in the cage. And by far one of the pound for pound most well rounded champions in the ufc. Had the best low kicks and TDD in the game.
He fought: Brown, Faber, Gamburyan, Hominick, Florian, Mendes (2x), Edgar, Jung, Lamas.

interesting question.

He fought: Hughes, Serra, Fitch, Penn, T. Silva, Hardy, Koscheck, Shields,Condit, Diaz, Hendrix.

Devvo is GOAT
hqdefault.jpg

interesting question.

I agree with both of you
interesting question.

But not you

GSP. The only gimme fight GSP got was Serra. Everyone else was a legit top 5 killer.

Aldo is a close 2nd

interesting question.

haha, I hope you end up with more likes, dick.

GSP had the most difficult competition and overall the best results.

Sherk, Trigg, Mayhem, Karo, Hughes x 3, Penn x 2, Fitch, Hardy, Hendricks, Diaz, Koscheck x 2, Condit, Shields...

He beat all of them, consecutively. Avenged all losses. That's insane to me.

GSP had the most difficult competition and overall the best results.

Sherk, Trigg, Mayhem, Karo, Hughes x 3, Penn x 2, Fitch, Hardy, Hendricks, Diaz, Koscheck x 2, Condit, Shields...

He beat all of them, consecutively. Avenged all losses. That's insane to me.
And his debut in mma was in the same year of your account join date.... in 2002.... did you know that?

GSP
Fedor
Aldo
Silva

In that order.

I agree but with little conviction in my choices. All to good to argue against.

S
Fuck it sucks that the UFC is cutting half of that lists careers short.

Anderson obviously had the worst competition, but for the best reason, everyone ran away from 185 once he got there. He didn't just clear out the division by beating everyone in it, he cleared it out by making everyone run from it. GOAT.

Back