Dos Santos: Cain Velasquez not the same anymore after USADA drug testing!

Hannya MMA

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
"Cigano" took to Instagram to make that bold claim, which was met by positive and negative responses alike, as one reader was quick to remind him that Cain Velasquez is still in the wings and nearly retired him from the sport.

Not one to sit idle, Junior fired back by claiming that Velasquez "isn't the same anymore" since United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) came into the mix.

Velasquez and Dos Santos have quite a history, as "JDS" handed Cain his first loss in MMA back in 2011, knocking him out in the very first round. Velasquez got his revenge, and then some, by brutally defeating the Brazilian bomber on two separate occasions in 2012 and 2013.

Whether or not they’ll see each other inside the Octagon for a fourth time remains to be seen, though "JDS" is confident he’ll be fighting a much different fighter thanks to USADA.

20161018_093533.0.png

this is like the 3rd thread on this in a number of hours but yeah junior is starting to show abit of that brazilian style salt

I like JDS but he's just being salty here. Post USADA Cain threw spinning back kicks and slapped Browne around like he got him the wrong noodles at UFC 200. Looked fine to me.

JDS is off his rocker. Let's give some credit here: Cain was a constantly-injured and inconsistent fighter long before USADA.

I like JDS but he's just being salty here. Post USADA Cain threw spinning back kicks and slapped Browne around like he got him the wrong noodles at UFC 200. Looked fine to me.

Travis Browne has looked about as competent as CM Punk his last few fights thanks to Count Chocula.

He looked like a world beater again against Browne, who I know hasn't looked that great lately but no one has handled him like Cain did.

This. If he get's past his Nemesis, Werdum, he'll be shooting for the title and rightly so.

Cain: "JDS not the same after savage beatings."

Too little info. Even if he bases this on the Werdum fight that was in Mexico City and he was out of shape, while he was in good shape for the Browne fight, which lasted only a few minutes and was a domination.

To be honest, since USADA came in a lot of fighters look inferior.

To be honest, since USADA came in a lot of fighters look inferior.

Yes.

JDS is a cry baby.
He won against Cain because of one punch and
Cain give him some serious brain damage.^^

Love JDS but the Cain that shut down Browne murks him again.

People give JDS lots of credit for being a superb striker but when Cain's cardio and boxing are on point, he closes the distance on anyone and takes them down repeatedly en route to TKO or dominant decision wins.

In my opinion, Cain's striking can be better than any other HW's because he mixes up everything so well that he can land better shots despite not being technically superior from a purist point of view.

Last edited:
I´m a big fan of JDS. I think this is more like a psychological defensive mechanism... It´s like he needs to believe that the monster that destroyed him wouldn´t be possible without an extra juice.

Constantly injured yes, inconsistent no.
Didn't it start after the Werdum fight (I'm not sure)? In that case, he was 4-2 in his last six before USADA, with two of the wins coming against Bifgoot. Good record, but not exactly indicative of consistent greatness.

240lb man known for seemingly superhuman endless cardio that no other Hw let alone fighter period posessess, gasses for the first time ever in his first fight under USADA

Sounds legit

Back