Who wins Gegard Mousasi vs Anderson Silva and should it be next ?

J

JollyRants

Untitled.png Who wins Anderson Silva vs Troll Gegard Mousasi ? Also should this fight be next ?

Silva via KO en route back to the title

Make it happen ASAP. I have wanted this fight since way before Mousasi was even in the UFC. I give Anderson the slightest edge right now.

i think gegard could possibly win via grappling or could also ko him - i feel like silva's chin is a liability at this point - crazy to say that but it happens to even the greats - i remember when it happened to chuck, anderson was still in invincible mode - coudlnt even fathom it ever happening that he would get wobbly on his feet w strikes on multiple occasions -

but anderson coudl also win easily if he came back in vintage form - i think its a pretty compelling fight overall

Mousasi is one of the most underrated, underappreciated fighters in UFC history, imo. Dude just turned 31 and had almost 50 fights taking on 185ers up to heavyweights.

The Anderson Silva Era was one of the most magical times in my life. Little to do with him but personally it was awesome. But this fight should just not happen. Unless you are a Moose fan and hate Andy for some ungodly reason.

Anderson should fight the likes of CM Punk from here on out.

Why not? You're paying Anderson a crap ton of $$$, and you have to put him against a quality OP. Why not?

Anderson Silva via Uriah Hall knee, although I am impressed with Mooses record. 40 wins 6 losses. Not bad at all

Mousasi would mess up Anderson and finish him. He wouldn't pee himself before bout starts like other Anderson opponents.

I like both guys. I won't jump ship from Anderson because of all the bullshit, even if a lot of it is legit.

That said, I'm a huge Mousasi fan. If they were to fight, I would be rooting for Mousasi.

Anderson has already gotten his cheese and it's Moose' time now.

Anderson is a compelling fight but I hope for more from Mousasi than just running through the old guard. It is a feat too easily dismissed.

I'd like to see Moose fight any top 5 guy that doesn't have a dance partner ATM.

If he gets booked against AS, that's fine and, with respect to Anderson, I'll be rooting for Gegard.

I want to see Mousasi/Rockhold, Mous/Weidman, Moose/Bisping (please God - lol). Romero is a nightmare and an agent of chaos so I'd like Moose to duck him as long as possible - lol. Edit: Don't even get me started on the Jacare issue. Love Jacare, too, BTW.

I am excited for his next fight, regardless and I hope it's a fight that can really showcase his skills, win or lose.

Edit: Caveat: sorry for any bad writing/errors; on vacation and tipsy/drunkish)

Last edited:
If we're going by the forms of the two represented by those pictures, then I would go with Silva by UD. But now a days, I think Gegard stops him similarly to how he just handled Belfort. Anderson and Vitor are both riding the same train of decline.

Silva is a 41 old man. You guys must really hate him.

Silva in his prime would wreck Gegard.

Now, Moose by TKO in the 2nd.

Mousasi is one of the most underrated, underappreciated fighters in UFC history, imo. Dude just turned 31 and had almost 50 fights taking on 185ers up to heavyweights.
Yeah, I think Mousasi might be one of those guys that people don't really appreciate until he's either retired or touches gold.

I am afraid that he might turn out to be an Alexander Gustaffson. Looking great in defeats and endlessly hovering in the top 3-5.

I have some faith but MW is such a fucking sharktank in the top 5 +/-.

I can only hope that USADA favors him. If he gets some of that Bisping luck ... Mosse MW champ 2017!!!!

I'm not a fully delusional fan. Guys like Romero, Weidman, Jacare and Rockhold can fuck up ANYONE's night.

#Mousasibless

(Edit: sorry for any bad writing/errors; on vacation and tipsy/drunkish)

Yeah, I think Mousasi might be one of those guys that people don't really appreciate until he's either retired or touches gold.

I am afraid that he might turn out to be an Alexander Gustaffson. Looking great in defeats and endlessly hovering in the top 3-5.

I have some faith but MW is such a fucking sharktank in the top 5 +/-.

I can only hope that USADA favors him. If he gets some of that Bisping luck ... Mosse MW champ 2017!!!!

I'm not a fully delusional fan. Guys like Romero, Weidman, Jacare and Rockhold can fuck up ANYONE's night.

#Mousasibless

(Edit: sorry for any bad writing/errors; on vacation and tipsy/drunkish)

If someone gets injured I could see it happening. He'd beat Bisping imo. I would favor the real top four over him but Romero and Jacare are getting pretty old, I wouldn't be shocked to see a sharp decline from either soon.

I don't see Anderson winning high profile fights anymore unless against welterweights maybe.

Back