What's Next for JDS?

GinjaNinja23

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Maybe I have missed it but I don't think he has a fight lined up. Correct me if I'm wrong. Not sure if he's out on injury or not as well.
But assuming he's healthy with no fight lined up what's next?

After his sad performance against WinkleReem, I thought for sure he could be shot. His defense was way more poor than usual in my opinion.

But then he come back with a destruction of Rothwell. Making me confident again of his skill and heart.

JDS is till top 5 at HW and could be one more win from another TS, assuming Cain doesn't get it first. UFC won't let them bang a 4th time I don't think.

Personally I would like to see him and Stipe Rematch. That was a tremendous fight. Or possibly welcome JBJ to HW.

Some said they would like to see Arlovski or Black Beast fight JDS, I just don't see that as a smart idea considering where he stands at HW. Great fights yes but doesn't do much for him IMO.

If he's gonna fight someone who doesn't help his rank, it should be someone with Star Power, Lesnar, Rumble, Bones.
What do you guys think?
Personally I would love to see him welcome Bones or Rumble to UFC HW division. If Rumble loses I believe he should go up.

Thoughts?

JDS is going to take that Stipe belt... And months away will give the belt for Cain again...

Rematch with Reem or Barnett is all that is out there atm

Give him Barnett. See if he's fixed his problems in the clinch/against the cage

JDS still has the best run in the UFC HW division ever. Guy could be the champ again pretty soon

Can't see anything else outside of Barnett with Stipe out for a while and Velasquez/Werdum tied up.

Give him Barnett. See if he's fixed his problems in the clinch/against the cage
Yea that's a good possibility. Good test. I still want to see him KO Overeem, his record would look amazing with W over Barnett arlovski and Reem. Think about it.
At that point he's beaten everyone who matters or mattered besides Lesnar.

I just wanna watch the guy fight again. Barnett, Lewis, Arlovski, Browne... I don't care.

Hopefully he gets the chance to avenge his loss to Overeem someday.

barnett would be a good fight.

arlovski too. but i dont want to see jds knock him out. id like to see arlovski knock jds out though.

black beast. would be a good step up for black beast. to see what he can do with the lower top dogs.

Feed him to Reem again. I feel he was on his bicycle way too much against Rothwell.

A shitle tot I'd imagine. Last man to beat Steep-aye? And Cain and Werdum are fighting again, just whooped Big Ben. Barnett beat Arlovski who is on the downslide... that ain't worthy of a strap.

UFC 206 in Toronto hopefully, fingers crossed

He's on a one fight win streak where he ran the whole time..people calling for title shot need to calm their tits.

Before that win he should have been on a 3 fight skid. I thought stipe beat him.

He should have to go through reem or cain for a shot.

Back