Why is the "prodigy" so highly decorated?

dennisS66

hands up....chin down!
@red
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong,I'm a fan of penn,and he(was)is a good fighter,was he that great that i'm missing something?

Because he's the LW GOAT and went up to welterweight and submitted Matt Hughes in the first round

I am disappointed in your 2004 account

Because he gave Sherdog two of the most shitty overused gifs of all time. AM fully expecting someone to respond with said shitty gifs.

I am disappointed in your 2004 account
i hate to say it but this is pretty much what i first thought too. penn was awesome in his prime and between his jitz and his boxing destroyed a lot of dudes.

After 9 effing fights he went up and beat matt hughes who was UNSTOPPABLE at the time. He then was able to finish Takanori Gmi the pride LW GOAT and some will argue still lw goat (I wont).

THE MAN also had the balls to move up top HW and fight machida in a fight he arguably won.

how dare you TS

Cause he got a black belt in bjj within 3 years and dominated Worlds and UFC.

Because he gave Sherdog two of the most shitty overused gifs of all time. AM fully expecting someone to respond with said shitty gifs.
bj_rules.gif

First and only non Brazilian to win the BJJ Worlds and he did it at like 20.

Earned legit black belt in BJJ in about 2 years(fastest of any legit holder)...hence the prodigy.

Almost beat Lyoto in a decision at open weight...believe Machida was 225 for the fight.

He basically won the title at WW without even needing to train or condition himself.

Been a long day long commute. This is off the top of my head. I don't have the time or energy to GOAT post right now.

PennKOsDinThomas.gif

BJ bless

Do you mean why is he so highly regarded? It's because he's highly decorated.

i hate to say it but this is pretty much what i first thought too. penn was awesome in his prime and between his jitz and his boxing destroyed a lot of dudes.

Not only that, but he went up in weight and was always competitive

Don't get me wrong,I'm a fan of penn,and he(was)is a good fighter,was he that great that i'm missing something?
I'm gonna need you to hand over that belt and that join date, son.

He was pushed as hell from day one as the superfighter, given endless opportunities (some of then he managed not to squander), had an incredibly overrated K-1 (MMA) run, came back, and got a mixed record with some great victories.

Back