Rashad vs Shogun circa 2009?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Who takes it?

At the time, I thought we were going to see a machida/evans/shogun triangle but it never came into being. I always thought without Jon Jones rashad could have snuck the title from shogun via UD but at the same time shogun was (though not prime) looking pretty badass back then. KOing machida was a big deal.

gun to my head Ill take a rashad UD or late stoppage.

Rusty and or injured Shogun/ Rashad wins
Healthy and active Shogun/ Rashad dies

It really depends on which Shogun shows up. If it's the Shogun that fought Chuck Liddell, Shogun wins. If it's the Shogun that fought OSP, Rashad wins.

Rashad is a lot better than people give him credit for but 2009 was the end of unstoppable shogun

But we only know if Shogun is rusty/injured after the fight doe.

shogun was pretty much injured throughout his whole ufc run. to what extent is up the observer. Ive washed my hands of the topic years ago.

shogun was pretty much injured throughout his whole ufc run. to what extent is up the observer. Ive washed my hands of the topic years ago.
Do you want to get them dirty again?

I think Rashad could have given Shogun trouble in that time frame. The shogun that KO'd Machida was a scary man that night though.

Too bad we definitely missed out on that one.

Do you want to get them dirty again?

zoolander-david-duchovny-paramount-pictures-011916.jpg

Shogun

Too much power and hasn't took as much damage

Shogun in 09 was amazing, said it after the Liddell fight, if Shogun doesn't beat Machida, then no one will at that time

But seriously my last words on it ever.

HUAAAA.jpg

toss up. id root for both. those are 2 legends in my book

Rashad by grapple fuck.

i hate to say but this is my gut reaction. At the same time though shogun has more power than machida who put him to sleep. really a pickum fight.

I wonder what the odds would have been.

i hate to say but this is my gut reaction. At the same time though shogun has more power than machida who put him to sleep. really a pickum fight.

I wonder what the odds would have been.
Yea don't think we ever got odds for UFC 128? When it was announced..

I mean I could see both winning but I would of went with rashad by grappling and tiring out shogun.

Wouldn't of shocked me if shogun KTFO Evans and make him shadface again though.

Yea don't think we ever got odds for UFC 128? When it was announced..

I mean I could see both winning but I would of went with rashad by grappling and tiring out shogun.

Wouldn't of shocked me if shogun KTFO Evans and make him shadface again though.

i wouldnt be suprised if shad was a slight favorite but I dont think it would be a huge gap either way. the time frame probbaly favored shogun.

Back