Daniel Cormier talks Conor McGregor style and answers HW question

DC would be the HW champ right now
i really believe his HW wins are irrelevant now. Come on his best win is Barnett who is a bottom top 10 guy at current HW division. Wrestling won't save him against fighting "Rumble's" every time

So many people are gonna hate on this...

I feel a shitstorm coming.​

Why? What did he say that was unreasonable or inaccurate? Usually I have a good grip on the idiocy around here, but this time I'm missing what the idjits might rail on about.

He was pretty kind to Mcgregor to be fair.....he could have gone in harder on his professional conditioning...instead of making excuses for him about loading up too much on his punches. It's not like he is wearing 12oz gloves FFS

i really believe his HW wins are irrelevant now. Come on his best win is Barnett who is a bottom top 10 guy at current HW division. Wrestling won't save him against fighting "Rumble's" every time
Thing is the "Rumbles" at HW are too slow for DC (at least most of them), there are 3-4 guys that have enough speed to match with him (JDS, Cain, Reem, and Stipe).... You could maybe throw in Arlovski but Arlovski would most likely get put to sleep

Thing is the "Rumbles" at HW are too slow for DC (at least most of them), there are 3-4 guys that have enough speed to match with him (JDS, Cain, Reem, and Stipe).... You could maybe throw in Arlovski but Arlovski would most likely get put to sleep
Even Travis Browne may be a very dangerous fight for DC. JDS, Reem, Stipe are very hard fights for DC imo + he wasn't like KO artist at HW also

There are only 4-5 HWs that really matter in the UFC to begin with. Cormier could easily beat #6 and up but he hasn't done anything to show he could easily beat Stipe, Werdum, JDS, Cain or even Overeem.

He did well in his initial run at HW but he never faced any of the killers and he went to decisions with Barnett, Mir and Nelson. Its not like he was walking in and absolutely mauling them.

He also went to decisions for most of those wins. Having to win via decision is a dangerous way to play the HW game once he starts stepping up against finishers like Stipe, JDS, Cain, Overeem, etc.

He's still mad at McGregor for calling Poirier a hillbilly, being from the same town.

I think he matches against Werdum and JDS very well. It would be interesting to see him fight Stipe or Reem.

Back