Grappling world has lost an incredible talent...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I just became aware of this last night but last week Quincy Rice passed away due to overdose. He has been dealing with injuries which led to pain killers and afterwards heroin. For those interested, he had an epic grappling fight with Eddie Bravo in a mini-golf course and he was an early MMA pioneer who gained famed when he owned Frank Trigg in an argument.

hqdefault.jpg

Rest in peace is all I can say. Didnt know him but I'm starting to think that being professional athlete, giving 100% all the time and you still lose somethimes can be crushing for many fighters. Mental toughness and inteligence is in my opinion most important thing in fighting business ( in and out the ring/cage/mat ).

Rip.

Painkillers kill the pain, but they can also kill you..

Rest in peace is all I can say. Didnt know him but I'm starting to think that being professional athlete, giving 100% all the time and you still lose somethimes can be crushing for many fighters. Mental toughness and inteligence is in my opinion most important thing in fighting business ( in and out the ring/cage/mat ).

That's true, the grinds of competition of combat sports wear on a persons soul and its never ending. I mean, when do you stop fighting? Its depressing but injuries mess people up big time specially to an aggressive fighter.

In a way you are better of being a martial arts actor then a combat fighter unless you have the drawing power of Conor, Floyd, Anderson,GSP or any fighter who has leverage and can get good deals.

Otherwise you end up becoming a cannon fodder and get tons of injuries if you stay on for too long.

This guy spent his best years trolling internet forums about BJJ vs. Judo. He was a lifelong addict which doesn't make him a bad person, but he was also an ex-con with an estranged kid.

The die was cast on his life long ago. Cautionary tale.

I didnt know who he was, but RIP. Hope his family and friends are alright

This guy spent his best years trolling internet forums about BJJ vs. Judo. He was a lifelong addict which doesn't make him a bad person, but he was also an ex-con with an estranged kid.

I have never heard that about him? What was his crime?

and in life.... mental toughness and intelligence are required

RIP

I just became aware of this last night but last week Quincy Rice passed away due to overdose. He has been dealing with injuries which led to pain killers and afterwards heroin. For those interested, he had an epic grappling fight with Eddie Bravo in a mini-golf course and he was an early MMA pioneer who gained famed when he owned Frank Trigg in an argument.

hqdefault.jpg

What? Is this a joke, am I missing something?

What? Is this a joke, am I missing something?

Not a joke, Quincy was known as train judo and he was an anti-bjj at one point and so he and Eddie got in to an infamous grappling match in a mini-golf course but the details are vague to this day.

That being said, he became well known when he got in to an argument with Frank Trigg on MMA junkie back in 2008 and it was funny going back and forth and Quincy was doing good with the rebuttals but then he started calling Frank a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: for the gay photos frank did long ass time ago and he got put on hold.

dont be a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

RIP Q

Back