Would the top Pride guys dominate in early UFC days ?

dontlaugh

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
If Fedor, Big Nog, Randleman,Coleman, Cro Cop, Saku, Wandy, Rampage, Igor and all the other legends were in the UFC instead of Pride back in the early 2000's, do you think they'd dominate what UFC had back then ?

people here on sherdog often discredit the quality of the opponents that top Pride fighters faced, but i don't think UFC had much better opponents for their top fighters either.

Edit : I know Coleman, Randleman and Wandy were in the UFC before Pride, i meant to say if they were in the UFC during their best days in Pride.

Last edited:
When they came over in the mid 2000's they were very successful. I think that they would have all done very well for themselves.

In those days....

Pride > UFC

Weren't they all juiced to the gills back then?

It would have been sweet if the top UFC guys went to pride

I love the way they v held the events the rules and ring

If Fedor, Big Nog, Randleman,Coleman, Cro Cop, Saku, Wandy, Rampage, Igor and all the other legends were in the UFC instead of Pride back in the early 2000's, do you think they'd dominate what UFC had back then ?

people here on sherdog often discredit the quality of the opponents that top Pride fighters faced, but i don't think UFC had much better opponents for their top fighters either.

Well for one Randleman, Coleman, and Wand all fought in the UFC in its earlier years.

The rest you mentioned would have done very well.

blah blah PED yadda yadda yaddada

Chuck wouldn't have had long title reign due to Rampage. Tim Sylvia and Arlovski would have become gatekeepers.

Chuck wouldn't have had long title reign due to Rampage. Tim Sylvia and Arlovski would have become gatekeepers.

Prime Wand would have destroyed Chuck as well, just like he did to Rampage.

It would have been sweet if the top UFC guys went to pride

I love the way they v held the events the rules and ring

The showmanship of Pride was really fun and entertaining. Damn I miss those shows...

A bunch of them went on to win belts once they came over so ya I'd say they would do well

Prime Wand would have destroyed Chuck as well, just like he did to Rampage.

I'd still favor Chuck in that fight. Hell when they fought in 2007, neither looked far off their prime which is one of the beauties of that fight. It's like they both got back to 100% for one last war.

Pride had so much great talent in the 205 and HW division. I think they would've ruled those two divisions easy. But the UFCs lighter weight classes had much more talent.

I'd still favor Chuck in that fight. Hell when they fought in 2007, neither looked far off their prime which is one of the beauties of that fight. It's like they both got back to 100% for one last war.

I'm not sure. I think Chuck still would have had a good chance against Wandy a few years earlier but Wanderlei took a lot of damage against Crocop and Hunt.

Well for one Randleman, Coleman, and Wand all fought in the UFC in its earlier years.

The rest you mentioned would have done very well.

Hendo, too.

It was a fun fight, but Wand was in serious decline at that point. It just wasn't as apparent until after the fight.

Back