Dana White “What's wrong with 1-1? They shouldn't have fought in the first place”

what-wut

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Conor ends up saying 'Let's do this Diaz fight' and I was like 'Dude. he's two weight classes heavier than you'," White said during an appearance on Hot 97.

"He didn't care so we do the fight. Conor has to try and weigh 168 lbs when they are weighing in at 170. The night of the fight, Diaz comes in at 190 lbs.

"Now Conor McGregor is a 145, 155 lb guy and if you look at the wars he has had with Diaz, you can only have so many of those wars in your career. It doesn't make sense, and that's why we have different weight classes.

"It ended up being an amazing fight but you don't want to keep doing that."

Dana White outright lying to make Conor look good. Nate was right their trying to make an escape route.

If it's 1-1 Nate wins

Finish > Majority decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
What part was a lie? McGregor had to eat his weigh to 170, couldn't even make it and looked bloated as hell during both fights.

Diaz was a good 25 lbs heavier.

Diaz did have a significant reach advantage.

The fight was at 2 classes higher than Conor's championship division.

If I was Nate I'd be cool with a submission win and basically a draw. I'm sure they'll do a third fight down the road though.

Nate was the #5 ranked lightweight coming off his win over Michael Johnson. He's fought as a lightweight 17 times in his UFC career, including the previous 8 consecutive fights before Conor.

The two weight classes thing is the dumbest lie ever told, because its the UFC/Dana saying 'the general public ignore MMA so much that we can literally just say nonsense and nobody will notice'

Anyone who still thinks there's a massive size discrepancy between Conor and Nate is painstakingly dishonest and retarded

article-urn:publicid:ap.org:032954c4f4d04e58a9f96a323d58cf75-4gzgBOVRPC67414d247556b1b381-415_634x438.jpg

Dana-White-UFC.jpg

Remember when Nate challenged Bendo for the Welterweight Title? Me either, because Nate is a fucking Lightweight. Now stop being retarded ya goofs.

Nate was the #5 ranked lightweight coming off his win over Michael Johnson. He's fought as a lightweight 17 times in his UFC career, including the previous 8 consecutive fights before Conor.

The two weight classes thing is the dumbest lie ever told, because its the UFC/Dana saying 'the general public ignore MMA so much that we can literally just say nonsense and nobody will notice'

They fought at WW. That's 2 weight classes above McGregor's weight class. How is that a lie?

It's almost like his job for the promotion is to promote fighters.

Anyone who still thinks there's a massive size discrepancy between Conor and Nate is painstakingly dishonest and retarded
This. The only massive difference in size between the two is schlong size where Nate dwarfs him

this is just too stupid for words....

Yeah dude, Nate who is basically a lightweight was 200 pounds on fight day. Dana White told me so. When has Dana White ever lied?

They fought at WW. That's 2 weight classes above McGregor's weight class. How is that a lie?

Probably has something to do with Conor literally starving himself to near death to make 145, yet Dana says it's his walk around weight.

What part was a lie? McGregor had to eat his weigh to 170, couldn't even make it and looked bloated as hell during both fights.

You can't be serious.

Oh and Dana still trying to sell us the 2 weight class bullshit. LOLLLLL

I never want to see this fight again, unless McGregor wins the LW title, and Diaz organically becomes the #1 contender.

Because it's a veiled truth. Conor would get ran over by the likes of Tim Means at 170 and he's not even in the top 15.

Back