Is the UFC too West Coast centered (11p Main Card) ?

The Sausage King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tonight's card is 11p Eastern. It's tough enough when it's 10p Eastern, but on the whole, it seems the UFC bases everything on the West coast time.

Bisping v Hendo II is at 4am their time- mostly for the American audience, but again it's centered around the fact the West coasters get their previous 8p Main Card start time.

There are many of us who are not going to be up past 11pm. Now, this card in Portland has no good reason why it can't be around 6p Portland so those most of the country can watch the Main Card by 9pm at the latest.

I can't be the only one who thinks this is a good idea on the UFC's part to cater only to such a unique part of the world.

The people in the UK are probably thinking "Dude you have no idea".

I dvr the free cards just incase i get too drunk and pass out before the main event. (it happens to me a lot)
But i wouldn't mind if the PPV's were on at 4am EST because i could just dl a 1080p x264 the next morning and watch it later in the evening, like 6pm est.

I will never understand American time no matter how hard i try

Is this a Fox Sports 1 card?

It's a free card taking place in OR, in that timezone...it's one fucking hour.

51041c034209e4f070e4c0af49c43d50.jpg

I'm on the west coast so it doesn't affect me, but I have friends on the east coast that have this same issue.

Back