Jose Aldo: Dana didn't want to pay GSP $10 million, nixed fight against McGregor

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
According to current UFC interim featherweight champion Jose Aldo, who has begun to spill the beans after an ugly fallout with the promotion, GSP was more than willing to get inside the Octagon with the biggest name in the sport today, as long as the money was right.

"Georges asked him for 10 million," said Aldo in recent interview with Combate (via Forbes) regarding GSP's bid to fight McGregor . "He wanted 10 million to fight, and then Dana [White] didn't want to pay that to him, so he put Nate in for the second time."

Aldo is referring to Diaz's rematch at UFC 202 with McGregor, who had previously lost to the Stockton native via second-round submission at UFC 196. Diaz vs. McGregor II would go on to break the record for UFC pay-per-view (PPV) buys
http://www.mmamania.com/2016/10/1/1...-st-pierres-request-10-million-conor-mcgregor

Why pay 10 million to a boring fighter just so he can derail the exciting fighter who's worth a lot more?

No shit. GSP would've jabbed circles, crush his legs with leg kicks and kicked his head from his shoulders before taking him down and grinding him into the mat. Then GSP would've bounced with the 10 mil and Dana's golden boy would've been done.

10 million + PPV points or just 10mil? Cause there a big difference between the two.

I find it hard to believe that GSP wouldn't want PPV points since he'd probably make nearly 10mil on PPV points alone if he fought Conor.

It's reported that Nate made 13mil at 202.

Aldo gonna burn through his retirement money buying so many tissues for his nonstop crying

My goodness

What I wanna know, is how does Jose know this?

I'm sure they share info like that with other fighters.

Aldo...

funny-gifs25.gif

10 million + PPV points or just 10mil? Cause there a big difference between the two.

I find it hard to believe that GSP wouldn't want PPV points since he'd probably make more than 10mil on PPV points alone if he fought Conor.

It's reported that Nate made 13mil at 202.
Nate made 13mill? Man I don't know about that. I have a hard time believing he he made more than his 2 mill to show money but if he did good for him.

I don't blame him if it is true.

Who wants to pay $10,000,000 for a human blanket?

GSP would've double legged Conor into oblivion. There is ZERO reason Dana would want that to happen. I honestly don't feel bad for Aldo at all. How many fights has that guy canceled? Now he's demanding a fight with Conor on his own terms(again, after a 13 second KO loss)? LOL

GSP Is worth the 10m tbh.

one of the Greatest champs in UFC history.

Nate made 13mill? Man I don't know about that. I have a hard time believing he he made more than his 2 mill to show money but if he did good for him.
Either way...If Nate can negotiate 2 mil to show + PPV points I'm sure they'd have no problem giving GSP 10mil flat but if GSP wanted 10mil + PPV points then that's fucking ridiculous and I see no problem with Dana/the owners saying no.

GSP would've smashed Conor into the ground. That fight would have looked like GSP/Penn II except shorter because Conor doesn't have a guard.

I'd watch it only out of morbid curiosity and hope for a Conor KO.

With this amount of shit talking, Aldo's retirement might just be for real and not just a negotiation tactic.

Aldo just throwing shit at the wall lol. Getting desperate.

I thought this was public knowledge. Aldo found out about this on Sherdog last week. There were a couple of threads about it.

Bunch of straight up children who saw their first MMA fight in 2014 shitting on GSP ITT. Fuck off. Your opinion is worth less than a politicians promise.

The heavies fucking suck harder than ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back