Who's more protected Conor or Canelo?

Le9547

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both fighters are the biggest star in their individual sport. However, Canelo has been accused of being protected by de la hoya against bigger fighters, mainly ggg. He's spent this past year ko ing smaller fighters. Meanwhile conor although a champion, has been given the opportunity to cut in line and get a shot at the 155 strap. Avoiding unfavorable matchups such as khabib. So my question is who's been protected more?

Probably Colin

Once I find out who the hell ggg is, I will fear him tremendously

Who tha fok is this goooy?

Conor can do whatever he chooses regardless of weight class or rankings or who's logically in line for a title shot.
"But... but... but..." Shut up.

Conor was protected winning 6 fights in a row then stiffing the #1 p4p fighter and the greatest 145lb fighter to ever live at the time in 13 seconds?

Conor is slightly more protected from UV ray radiation in my opinion. Canelo is a ghostly motherfucker. Conor isn't as bad. He has a bit more pigment. His hair isn't as red etc...

Protected by fighting the champ in the weight class above him. Oh sherdog.

Conor is slightly more protected from UV ray radiation in my opinion. Canelo is a ghostly motherfucker. Conor isn't as bad. He has a bit more pigment. His hair isn't as red etc...

But do they have adequate homeowner's insurance

Conor is protected in a different way. Conor was protected up until the Aldo fight. Now he's protected in the sense, he's getting the best possible matchup to win another title. And he didn't have to defend his belt to get it.

It's really a win win situation. If he wins he has two belts and can pick and choose his best matchups in each division while the contenders knock each other off. If he loses he can still go back and say i'm the best at 145

Conor has routinely taken fights he was expected to lose so I gotta say canelo. Everyone thought Conor would get destroyed by poirier, then mendes, then aldo, then nate the second time. Honestly Conor is one of the least protected stars the ufc has ever had.

Before it was Eddie, it was RDA, and ppl thought that was a killer matchup. Challenging RDA proves he's looking for a challenge and willing to accept a higher risk of getting a loss in his record.

Funny how some people here expected Conor to lose against guys like Siver, Dustin, Mendes, and Aldo, but then he steamrolls them and Sherdog resorts to calling Conor "protected". Mcgregor fans get a lot of bashing here, even though it's obviously haters who are lacking in reasoning and understanding.

Back