When you get Knocked out in 13 seconds..do you really deserve an automatic rematch?

CombatScience

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Mcgregor clipped Aldo in 13 seconds, it wasn't even competitive...do you all think that one deserves a rematch after a dispatching that fast?

I think if its a champ and he's competitive with the guy, it should be a rematch, but a 1 punch KO? You have to wait a while.

Already beat the former 155 pound champ after the loss. He needs to wipe your ass for you to earn his shot?

Cain got knocked out in about 60 secs... n we all know the story of the next 2 rematches... I still think Conor loses to Aldo via getting his chicken legs chopped

Yes because its a fluke

Aldo does. Any true fight fan wanna see a rematch.

When you defend the belt 9 times before you lose, and win your first post-loss fight against a nr. 1 contender, yes you do. When you defend your belt 0 times and quit the first post-belt fight due to getting choked, no.

If it was a controversial stoppage, perhaps I can see a rematch being immediate.

But this was a clean KO Jose Aldo was knocked silly and couldn't even move. F-that.

No rematch needed.

Jose doesn't deserve shit other than a fight against Max Holloway, winner gets Conor.

It's pretty simple .he hasn't got an automatic rematch . He fought and beat Edgar first durrr

I don't understand yall dumb mutha fuckas.
The fact that it ended so quickly gives more merit to there needing to be a rematch. This isn't a fight where someone got dominated and outclassed for 25 minutes. The man got caught, came back and beat the next guy in the rankings and deserves a damn rematch.

If it was a controversial stoppage, perhaps I can see a rematch being immediate.

But this was a clean KO Jose Aldo was knocked silly and couldn't even move. F-that.

No rematch needed.

Jose doesn't deserve shit other than a fight against Max Holloway, winner gets Conor.
Lol, that's what they told Jose/Frankie.

Conor will come up with another excuse to dodge again.

Cain got knocked out in about 60 secs... n we all know the story of the next 2 rematches... I still think Conor loses to Aldo via getting his chicken legs chopped
Conor is gross looking, but I feel his legs aren't part of the problem.

No rematch needed.

Nate had a clean choke no rematch needed, knocked Conor silly. Conor couldnt possibly do better in a rematch am i right? Oh wait, you're just retarded

What an original thread. I think we need about another 20 this weekend to really settle the matter...

Out of all the rematches I've seen Jose Aldo deserves it the most. The guy was undefeated for many years and running that division. Conor loses a catchweight fight against Nate (as 145 champ) and instantly gets a rematch. All these bs rematches while Jose the most deserving gets nothing

What's up with these threads?

Last edited:

No rematch needed.

And we are supposed to completely ignore that he won the interim belt since?

Cain earned his rematch by defeating another top contender first.

Aldo also earned a right to fight for the undisputed belt by beating Frankie.

OP refers to Aldo's request to rematch Conor as "automatic", which is not.

Which is why this is a shit thread.

Can we start banning the Conortards now? How many of these losers keep making the same stupid thread over and over again? Seriously mods I know you really relaxed on the bans, but these guys are either outright trolls or just painfully stupid and sherdog needs neither of these kinds of people.

I do agree Jose needs a rematch, but it's not essential, and certainly not the best fight they can make. Reality is Conor has bigger fish to fry right now.

So beating Frankie over and over and over again forever in your career = always an excuse for automatic rematch.

Anyone can get caught with some hot shit and 10 years undefeated it's just just proper protocol to give rematch. Not even an post USADA Aldo fan and think CMG beats him again.

Back