Which reputation would you rather have - pillowfisted technician or frontrunner destroyer?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Not that either description is always accurate, but which would you rather be viewed as by fans if you were a striking-based fighter in the UFC?

A PILLOWFISTED TECHNICIAN - someone who is considered highly skilled but lacking power in their hands such as how Bisping, Edgar, Cruz, Holm, Saffedine etc. have been thought of

or

A FRONTRUNNER DESTROYER - someone who has insane finishing ability early on, but falls apart (often because of cardio) if the fight lasts longer like how Rumble, Overeem, Vitor, Nunes, Lombard etc are often thought of

Does being a consistent master of pitter patter or 'destroy or be destroyed' appeal more to you?

Probably make more money as the destroyer.

Give me the power of destruction and I will show you how money is made.

Destroyer for reasons above. I would try to improve my technique and cardio as career progressed.

Not that either description is always accurate, but which would you rather be viewed as by fans if you were a striking-based fighter in the UFC?

A PILLOWFISTED TECHNICIAN - someone who is considered highly skilled but lacking power in their hands such as how Bisping, Edgar, Cruz, Holm, Saffedine etc. have been thought of

or

A FRONTRUNNER DESTROYER - someone who has insane finishing ability early on, but falls apart (often because of cardio) if the fight lasts longer like how Rumble, Overeem, Vitor, Nunes, Lombard etc are often thought of

Does being a consistent master of pitter patter or 'destroy or be destroyed' appeal more to you?
That's a tough one, Pillowfists has the belt, but FrontRunner Destroyer sounds like a badass character from a Mad Max movie. I'm gonna go with Pillowfists, if the belt comes along with it, but definitely FrontRunner Destroyer, otherwise.

Pillowfisted technician. Probably less wars, less brain damage. Thinking about a Masvidal-type fighter.

Technician because I am already a Frontrunner Destroyer(no power but speed) and gassing hard fucking blows.

Pillowfisted technician and it's not close.

I'd rather be known for being inefficient with my energy.

The Diaz bros are masters of pitter patter but yet are well rounded and draw crowds and have a cult following. So that's one aspect of it. But then there's the star power and satisfaction of a KO artist. If I knew I could finish someone within the first two rounds while avoiding damage without gassing, then I'd have to go with your front runner destroyer. Nothing worse than being a HW Glass Cannon.

destroyer. id rather be a mike tyson than a decision guy.

The Diaz bros are masters of pitter patter but yet are well rounded and draw crowds and have a cult following. So that's one aspect of it. But then there's the star power and satisfaction of a KO artist. If I knew I could finish someone within the first two rounds while avoiding damage without gassing, then I'd have to go with your front runner destroyer. Nothing worse than being a HW Glass Cannon.

they arent technicians though. they are brawlers.

they arent technicians though. they are brawlers.
You're right. I just saw the words "master of pitter patter" at the end of the OP's question and they were the first ones to come to mind.

I prefer the technician. A front runners career has this tendency of going south due to relying too heavily on (and/or falling in love with their) power.

Back