So is Ari Emanuel really any better than Vince McMahon?

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Many were concerned by the possibility of Vince McMahon buying the UFC. But is Ari Emanuel really all that different? Ari is balls deep in the entertainment business. You think he’s going to let sporting principles get in the way of lowest common denominator entertainment?

I posted the above more than a month ago. It seems obvious but people here are acting so surprised about recent developments.

So Is Ari really any better than Vince? Maybe by degree but is he better in a substantial way? I'm not talking about his connections but in promoting MMA as a sport as opposed to a carnival.

If prime GSP, Anderson, or Matt Hughes debuted today, they'd be stuck in the prelims for a long time. Maybe not so much GSP because he's a good looking dude but that goes to my point.

Are you ready for a MMA reality show centered around the lives of female fighters on the E! network? Perhaps with a Kardashian crossover? What about throngs of boy band looking fighters? More pro-rasslers?

Hell Ari may reach out to Vince for some joint promotions.

They could develop 20 shows like that and I would ignore them the same way I do with TUF. As far as matchups and such, that remains to be seen, so far I haven't seen anything that didn't happen prior to WME IMG.

All of this because Conor is being given a LW title shot...NEWSFLASH: Conor was given one before WME came into town you fookin dweebs.

Back