'I was inefficient with my energy" is not really an excuse.

ReasonableMMAFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's more a self realization on Conor's part about what he did wrong. He's reflecting on his mistakes, and he's 100% correct when he says he was inefficient with his energy. As we've already seen who the better man is between Diaz/McGregor, we already know what happen when Conor is efficient with his energy. He whoops Nate's ass.

Correct and it was proven true as he was able to go a full 5 rounds in the 2nd fight

Mendes was inefficient too, he rushed to choke Conor. Give Mendes rematch with full camp :p

An excuse is "motherf*ckers can't have me winning, I'm too real for this sport!"

{<jordan}

Is that why he gassed badly in the second fight as well and ran away/kept looking at the clock?

LEL

OOgV4et.gif

cjKSXqk.gif

Last edited:
I used my face too offensively.

Knowledgeable excuse is just words.

Conor fangirl making excuses for Conor´s excuses.
<41>

Being efficient and having good cardio is part of being a fighter, so the fact that Conor is more powerful early does not make him a better fighter per say. Besides Nate often starts slow.

People too often get excuses and explanations mixed up.

Why did you create a topic just to defend Conor? This thing happened in UFC 196, dude. You could have posted that on the topic you saw people mocking him, i'm sure this is the topic "The Worst Excuses For Losses In UFC History"
Jesus, these fanboys bleed every time

Sometimes there's a fine line between a reason and an excuse. But either way, if the opponent legitimately won then they are the better fighter that night. It's that simple. In rematches, about 50% of the time the other fighter wins. We don't ever know who is without a doubt the better fighter, though evidence may strongly suggest it, we just know who was better on that night. It's like BJ Penn not training for a fight hard and then gassing and losing or coming in with a stupid strategy. Will it be used as an excuse? Maybe. Is it a reason why he lost? Maybe. But it shouldn't take away from his opponents victory. Coming in with an effective strategy and proper conditioning is part of what makes one a more effective fighter on that night. Losing because you didn't train hard or because you made a simple mistake and got caught really is no different than losing because you have a glass chin or are lacking skill in a certain area your opponent beat you. The only difference is the former mistakes are usually easier to correct for later fights.

Here on Sherdog, the only acceptable thing to say after losing a fight is:

"I got totally destroyed. I'm a terrible fighter. I will never win a rematch in a million years no matter what changes I make. I'm a complete and total loser. I might as well quit MMA."

Uh oh, white knight alert! He's not even a chick ffs dude! He's a fighter who doesn't need a dweeb like you to defend him. Those were some of the most awful excuses I've ever heard, and there are a lot of them. Now they are pure gold.

It's more a self realization on Conor's part about what he did wrong. He's reflecting on his mistakes, and he's 100% correct when he says he was inefficient with his energy. As we've already seen who the better man is between Diaz/McGregor, we already know what happen when Conor is efficient with his energy. He whoops Nate's ass.
I totally agree with you except on the last part. Its more like, when he is efficient with his energy, he barely edges him in a controversial decision. And on top of that, I understand all the arguments that no one is healthy coming into the octagon and everyone fights hurt, but I thought from the opening bell, Nate wasn't right. I think it was more than something minor. His movement was way off. There was something really wrong with him.

Conor fangirl making excuses for Conor´s excuses.
<41>
HAHAHAHA

YO DAWG
I heard you like excuses
So i'm making an excuse on your excuse, so you can make excuses while you excuse

Back