Is it fair that Michael Bisping, Conor McGregor and Eddie Alvarez get to cherry pick their opponents

Hendo's title shot tops everything else.

Also we have probably the weakest line up of champions since before Anderson and GSP.

Of course not

But its Ultimate Fighting Entertainment now, so what else do you expect?
We are one step away from fixed outcomes

Was Bisping not offered the Hendo fight? I don't think he asked for it.

Conor didn't cherry pick his opponent. He was supposed to fight RDA fir the belt then he fought the first guy to step up and by the time he got back to the business of running LW it had a new champ

As said above, they don't. They obviously voice their preferences, and I'd say both McGregor and Bisping deserve a bigger say in their opponents. Not sure about Alvarez though, have never really cared enough about him to know/remember his path to having the belt right now.

Woodley tried and failed, is that fair?

People keep letting Bisping off the hook for this bullshit. You guys all want to hate on McGregor because that's hot right now but at least he's fighting a world champion from a division up. Bisping is defending his belt against an octogenarian when there are 4 top level title contenders in his division

No the UFC cherry picks what will be the most lucrative fights to make.

Im so sick of of people not knowing what Prizefighting is.

I would say yes....and no. If Dana wants to continue to go down the path of money is king and "F" everything else than anything is game to bring in the almighty dollar. However, if it's important to him, as he's stated multiple times, that building the UFC and MMA as a mainstream sport than absolutely not and it's a complete mockery of fair athletic competition in comparison to other sports.

No the UFC cherry picks what will be the most lucrative fights to make.

Im so sick of of people not knowing what Prizefighting is.

Why not make Conor vs Ronda then? What fight would be more "lucrative" than that?

Back