One Of The Best Ways To Become A Huge Star In MMA Is To Become A Star In Something Else First

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
After that the fighter can immediately demand much more money. Lesnar became a star In something else and became one of the highest earning fighters in the world. So did Ken Shamrock. Other fighters have made a name for themselves in movies and then returned and were able to demand more money. It's the quickest most efficient way to become very well paid in MMA.

If you're only doing it for the money then why bother coming back once you are a star somewhere else.

If you're a star somewhere else, chances are the UFC is a step down.

Where does the retardation emanate from ?

The heavies lose more cred everyfuckinday.

Screen-Shot-2016-01-21-at-10.25.27-AM.png

BRB gonna be a movie star and then decide to become a UFC fighter as well. Easy enough

Nah, lesnar was already a star. Ken funnily enough transitioned well into wrestling but was already well known especially so in Japan for Pancrase before that. Ronda was already champion then transitioned to some shitty movies. I know not one person on the rosta who has done that, nor is it viable at all.

If you're only doing it for the money then why bother coming back once you are a star somewhere else.

Look at it as doing something else just to become a star so then you can make a much better living doing what you love. Lesnar doesn't even like pro wrestling. But it allowed him to become a star in something other than MMA, become well known to the general populace, and then be able to demand a lot of money from The UFC when negotiating a contract.

That's why I never understood Luke Rockhold using 'leaving UFC to become a model' as a contract negotiation tactic... "Whats that Luke? You want to stop fighting for awhile and bring attention to the UFC in another industry, with a different demographic?"

Amazes me how moronic some threads are, but whatever floats your boat, TS.

Who is the most famous poster on sherdog?

Let's get him on the prelims!

All Time great bad thread.

It's very difficult to get those opportunities. After they hit mainstream they can demand more no matter what they do, be it MMA, movies or some other form of entertainment.

I guess a feasible way for starting MMA fighters would be to do small rassling shows on the side. It's not as hard to get in those small shows than to get a 1-line part in a straight to disc movie. Steadily grow in both.

Back