Fighters Aren't Learning From McGregor

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
McGregor clearly shows that showing more personality in your interviews is a huge help in getting the attention of the viewers and ultimately making a lot more money. Despite this, I see almost no fighters following McGregor's lead. They should be doing things similar to what he does but in their own style and they're not doing it.

bruce-lee-kung-fu-quotes-desktop-best-wallpaper.jpg

You need charisma, personality and an exciting fighting style to top it off.

Heaps of fighters have one or the other but not all have both.

They are trying. But it doesn't work after you don't do a damn thing for 3 rounds and then talk yourself up on the mic.

Nah it's not something you can just turn into overnight.
Stay in your lane and find out what works for you.

If everyone becomes a loudmouth, then nobody stands out.

You can't teach 'it'. you either have it or you don't. It's the most important thing in the WWE and rock n' roll.

McGregor clearly shows that showing more personality in your interviews is a huge help in getting the attention of the viewers and ultimately making a lot more money. Despite this, I see almost no fighters following McGregor's lead. They should be doing things similar to what he does but in their own style and they're not doing it.

This is like saying 5 years ago: "Why doesnt everybody just dance around for a while with their hands down then KO their opponent like Anderson Silva does?"

You either got it, or you dont. Conor has it. Chael P had it. In a different way, Nick Diaz has it. Not many others in MMA do.

Can you imagine if Frankie Edgar or Cain Velasquez or Jacare Souza just started acting like Conor? It would be calamitous. Would not work at all.

{<BJPeen}

I'll give Jeremy Stephens credit for stepping up. He got shut down, but at least he's trending. Imagine if he beats Frankie and Aldo vacates? Makes him a very marketable fight for Conors return to fw.
On the flip side you have Frankie Edgar who was quiet as a mouse. It was kind of sad really. No one is expecting fighters to go full Sonnen, but just speak your fucking mind. He fired shots at Frankie and his coach and he just said nothing. I forgot he was even onstage till the face off.

Back