Pay debate: Sage vs Gall

eon001

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Edit: This isn't a hate thread, I genuinely want to try and understand the logic and business decisions behind this.

How does Sage get $40k/$40k for his first UFC contract and Gall only get's $15k/$15k?!
That's a pretty insane gap in pay.

Does Sage have good management or is the UFC playing favorites?

Joe Duffee recently expressed his frustrations with Sage's pay in the MMA hour. I've never really questioned the UFC's pay that much, but the inconstancy and favoritism is annoying me.

Also is Sage even worth it? Does he get high enough views to justify his pay? He has around half the amount of twitter followers than TJ, but TJ get's paid less than Sage (I'm guessing TUF contract plus more shitty management) Same question for Paige. I heard even after DWTS she still gets average views and barely trends.

Are the UFC just shit/lazy at marketing? Is this some pretty blond privilege? UFC are out of touch of what they think is marketable?

Sage has been privileged his whole life..

CXqvu8zUsAA7Gr3.jpg

Is normal...

In what world is Gall more marketable than Sage fucking Northcutt?

That's such an old fashioned and close minded way of thinking. Blonde + abs = superstar? Does his numbers even reflect that logic?

Meh it remains to be seen if Either has the Skill to have long careers in the Organization .

Well it's a " hate " thread.

Or it's an...

I'm really as stupid as fuck thread. Which do you wish it to be viewed as ? Do people as stupid as you actually exist ?

tumblr_m5t7b6J2lB1rvjt2vo1_500.gif

That's such an old fashioned and close minded way of thinking. Blonde + abs = superstar? Does his numbers even reflect that logic?

It's the way shit works. Nothing close minded about it.

It's what they are worth to the company I suppose. I doubt the UFC would pay Sage more than necessary out the goodness of their hearts.

You're keeping track of TJ and Sage's Twitter followers. Try to get out of your house today

In b4 business fans
But that's my whole point. Does this even make business sense?
I've just googled the top 5 most popular athletes of last year. I got names like:

Neymar Jr, Lionel Messi, LeBron James, Cristiano Ronaldo, Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao.

None of them look like Sage. It's like the UFC are just trying to push there own misguided agenda down are throats. No one asked to see boy band members as fighters. It's like the UFC conducted one of those bs think tank polls and decided the most marketable fight would look like Sage with no data to back it up.

like other users said, it's the way shit works....

That's why he'll never achieve anything significant.

Like the great Bernard Hopkins said:

Hopkins has a point. Sage is already looking past fighting and wants to get into acting. He's not the kind of fighter that can take a punch either. His first loss he took a punch to the face and folded like someone through acid on him.

That's why he'll never achieve anything significant.

Like the great Bernard Hopkins said:

I think he should quit MMA, take some acting classes and do action movies. He'll make way more money..

doesn sage have like 10x more fights than gall you fuckin noob

Edit: This isn't a hate thread, I genuinely want to try and understand the logic and business decisions behind this.

How does Sage get $40k/$40k for his first UFC contract and Gall only get's $15k/$15k?!
That's a pretty insane gap in pay.

Does Sage have good management or is the UFC playing favorites?

Joe Duffee recently expressed his frustrations with Sage's pay in the MMA hour. I've never really questioned the UFC's pay that much, but the inconstancy and favoritism is annoying me.

Also is Sage even worth it? Does he get high enough views to justify his pay? He has around half the amount of twitter followers than TJ, but TJ get's paid less than Sage (I'm guessing TUF contract plus more shitty management) Same question for Paige. I heard even after DWTS she still gets average views and barely trends.

Are the UFC just shit/lazy at marketing? Is this some pretty blond privilege? UFC are out of touch of what they think is marketable?

to be fair, if sage got 40k/40k than gall should have got no more than 5k/5k.... the guy was 2-0 against 2 fighters with 0 fights.... Right now he is 3-0 against 3 fighters with 0 fights....

Back