Chael Sonnen Reacts to Jose Aldo's Request for UFC Release & His Desire to Retire

Insert Shael's impeccable career as a credible promoter(free agent/property agent, etc). Ha-Ha.

Can anyone confirm or deny Aldo accepting then refusing to fight McGregor? I assume it's the injury postponement. A bit sketchy, Chael.

Insert Chael's impeccable career as a credible promoter(free agent/property agent, etc). Ha-Ha.
I know, right? Welcome to Sherdog. Everyone is kind of an asshole, but it's all in good fun. At least I hope so.

Chael slandering a brazilian. Oh the shock.

Aldo didn't wanna fight by UFC 202 and didn't wanna fight until late December or early 2017. Who has the time to wait around for that guy all the time. Aldo pulls out of 5 title fights and wonders why the promoter is mad at him. Conor shows up for his fights and breaks records. That's the kinda guy a promoter can get behind. Aldo could of stepped in for Diaz but didn't and a rematch happened. Aldo only wants this fight with a three month notice.

Last edited:
Chael is by far the most rational thinker in MMA

Can anyone confirm or deny Aldo accepting then refusing to fight McGregor? I assume it's the injury postponement. A bit sketchy, Chael.
Chael is twisting what happened. Aldo said [in the media] he was open to a rematch any time any place. He never signed a contract for a rematch. When RDA had to pull out of the fight, they asked Aldo if he was interested and he turned down the fight. At that point he hadn't even been medically cleared for a month. He hadn't done any training.

surprise surprise Chael speaking "truth" about a Brazilian.
Lol, he's fucking pathetic.

I really like Aldo but when you claim that you're willing to fight Conor at any weight, anytime and anywhere and then turn the fight down because "its not in his weight class" is laughable.

Also dont give that shitty site any clicks. Dailymail fucking sucks.

2 weeks after being off medical suspension after being knocked out.
Think for a second you dumbass.
Wouldn't have been healthy for his brain nor would he have been in shape to fight.

Jose is trying to pressure the UFC into forcing Conor to fight him after 205. He didn't expect to get the Conor fight at 205. From Jose's perspective, he has little to gain from fighting Holloway, since it doesn't get him any closer to the Conor fight. The Alvarez vs Conor fight was the one the UFC were planning the whole time. The Khabib bout agreement was just a negotiating ploy to get Eddie to sign cheap.

Last edited:
Lol, he's fucking pathetic.

I really like Aldo but when you claim that you're willing to fight Conor at any weight, anytime and anywhere and then turn the fight down because "its not in his weight class" is laughable.

Also dont give that shitty site any clicks. Dailymail fucking sucks.

So, it's weird a guy who fights at 145 lbs and wants his title back at 145 lbs, doesn't accept a fight with a guy on short notice, in a weight class that's not even his? You nuthuggers sure do go out of your way to find a reason to try n shit on guys.

Oh well, least Conor can go back to beating fringe top 10 (or losing to) LW's.

When I look for a credible, unbiased opinion, I always look to Chael first...

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back