In 2014-2015, only five Featherweights mattered

Trifick

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Other than Conor McGregor of course. Those five guys are....

Aldo,Edgar,Holloway,Mendez, Porrier.

Conor defeated four of those men. And he knocked out a man who hadn't been knocked out ever his entire career, and hadn't lost in ten years.

There have only been two Featherweight champions in the history of the UFC, and Conor is one of them. What he did to Aldo alone makes him a legend. So....

Jose/Edgar/Mendes were thought of as the tier 1.

Poirier wasn't even top 5 until he fought Conor.

Lamas & Swanson were always more relevant than Poirier @ FW.

Last edited:
I would say the Aldo fight was a legendary fight, but Conor is not a legend yet.

Yeah..... no...

Conor beat Max when he was an unranked green 20yo with couple years of MMA experience and just recently robbed Leonard Garcia of all ppl of a decision

Anyways Lamas certainly mattered. As did Aloe Vera (5-1 in 2014-15 with 4 finishes and an injury loss), Cub, Jeremy and Bermudez

You edited what you said about Korean Zombie being ranked above Dustin. Lol. Good. Because I was about to call you out on that. Zombie had already left the UFC for the military. This is how I remember the top five looking through 2014-2015. I don't remember exactly which year, but it looked like this.

Champion- Aldo
#1 Edgar
#2 Mendez
#3 McGregor
#4 don't remember (probably Cub or Lamas)
#5 Porier.

Now, My title says the only ones that mattered. Nobody was talking about Cub or Lamas. Porier was on everyone's lips, and Holloway was the next birth of christ. I mean, he was supposed to the the next Anderson Silva, everyone was riding him.

I would say the Aldo fight was a legendary fight, but Conor is not a legend yet.

He's not yet but he is going to be for sure. He's a Legend based on his popularity and changing fighter pay alone.

It's just not "official" cause usually you don't call someone a Legend until decades after they have retired.

Eh, Lamas and Swanson always lost the important fights and don't have any elite wins. Same kinda applies to Poirier but he became top 10 at LW as well.

Eh, Lamas and Swanson always lost the important fights and don't have any elite wins. Same kinda applies to Poirier but he became top 10 at LW as well.

Lamas and Swanson were always ahead of Poirier. period.

Other than Conor McGregor of course. Those five guys are....

Aldo,Edgar,Holloway,Mendez, Porrier.

Conor defeated four of those men. And he knocked out a man who hadn't been knocked out ever his entire career, and hadn't lost in ten years.

There have only been two Featherweight champions in the history of the UFC, and Conor is one of them. What he did to Aldo alone makes him a legend. So....
IORNSZMVVVVUKKQ.20131103193422.png

In terms of legacy, of course Conor is a legend, but in terms of fight resume, he's not there yet to me.

His win over Aldo puts him in the FW hall of fame, for sure. There needs to be a rematch to prove it wasn't just lightning striking, though. The win was very Cain/JDS 1-esque.

Back