Alvarez: Too debliberate in projecting overconfidence

AllAlong87

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I have observed that Eddie Alvarez is forcing an image of "over-confidence" leading up to this fight, and it seems a bit phony to me. The whole "nobody thinks you got a chance" (or something like that) bit from Alvarez just sounded really weak. Perhaps this is because Alvarez actually doubts himself and he is trying to overcompensate. Compare this to the stoic confidence of Nate Diaz.

fight is 50/50 as far as i am concerned but alvarez dismissal of conor and his overconfidence have me thinking he is gonna lose.

He's been saying it for a while. It's not fake confidence. He actually thinks Conor is a poor fighter.

I know it might seem weird to you but there are some people that you can't bully with words. One of them is Alvarez.

Nah that's just confidence. Wonder what the makes Conor. The ego manic that he is.....

1bkv6t.jpg

I agree with Eddie that Conor doesn't have a great chance. Eddie by TKO.

I have observed that Eddie Alvarez is forcing an image of "over-confidence" leading up to this fight, and it seems a bit phony to me. The whole "nobody thinks you got a chance" (or something like that) bit from Alvarez just sounded really weak. Perhaps this is because Alvarez actually doubts himself and he is trying to overcompensate. Compare this to the stoic confidence of Nate Diaz.

He tried talking shit with McGregor and sounded vanilla doing it.

He got angry and exposed his lack of charisma compared to McGregor.

What got my attention was how angry he seemed to get. Shifty and forcing smiles that would rest into a look of disgust.

He needs to keep his head together or Conor will have him over thinking it in MSG. It's hard enough to go from Bellator to the main event of the MSG card and not get shook by the spotlight.

Alvarez isn't a very bright guy I noticed but he will absolutely maul Conor and it's not even going to be close.

Alvarez is a Rican dude from Philly. He can get ignorant, just give him time.

Back