Please explain how Conor McGregor is a legend and considered the GOAT?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Am I missing something? Are these trolls? kids? or do these MMA fans/Sherdog members actually believe Conor McGregor is the current GOAT and/or a legend? I will understand if the Conor McGregor fans out there dont respond. Maybe the knowledgeable MMA fan can fill me in.

Please if YOU are a Conor fan or someone who is realistic. Please try and help me understand HOW this guy is a legend? He defeated a long lay off emotional champion by ko in 13 seconds...OK impressive not gonna lie

Before that he had a few good wins. Kinda got beat up in the "interim mean nothing title" fight with Chad Mendes who was on his couch eating potato chips a week before. He got destroyed by a Nate Diaz who meant nothing at all until he beat Conor. Then Conor wins a rematch...ok...A glorified more successful Chael Sonnen without the wrestling skills.

Last I knew REAL Legends like Anderson Silva, GSP, Chuck Liddell, Rampage, Bas Rutten, Matt Hughes, Jon Jones is on his way to maybe being the GOAT.....They fought everyone that called them out, that deserved a title shot. McGregor wont even defend his title.

WHAT DOES Conor McGregor do that makes him the Greatest of all time?

It's a joke. Some nerds got serious with it when Conor became a champ.

He's not Silva or JJ in his prime great to me in all honesty. However, his style is entertaining as hell and he brings it. He wants you to either love him or hate him

Sadly...I just get this bad feeling at the rate they are throwing the best of the best at him he will get ktfo or lose soon. His cardio and ground game are not impressive but his striking and heart are unquestionable.

Am I missing something? Are these trolls? kids? or do these MMA fans/Sherdog members actually believe Conor McGregor is the current GOAT and/or a legend? I will understand if the Conor McGregor fans out there dont respond. Maybe the knowledgeable MMA fan can fill me in.

Please if YOU are a Conor fan or someone who is realistic. Please try and help me understand HOW this guy is a legend? He defeated a long lay off emotional champion by ko in 13 seconds...OK impressive not gonna lie

Before that he had a few good wins. Kinda got beat up in the "interim mean nothing title" fight with Chad Mendes who was on his couch eating potato chips a week before. He got destroyed by a Nate Diaz who meant nothing at all until he beat Conor. Then Conor wins a rematch...ok...A glorified more successful Chael Sonnen without the wrestling skills.

Last I knew REAL Legends like Anderson Silva, GSP, Chuck Liddell, Rampage, Bas Rutten, Matt Hughes, Jon Jones is on his way to maybe being the GOAT.....They fought everyone that called them out, that deserved a title shot. McGregor wont even defend his title.

Think of any pro sport during any period. Now think of the guy/gal who gets GOAT pay in that sport during that period. Congrats, you've just thought of a GOAT. Athlete who make GOAT pay are by definition GOAT.

look-fam-its-not-that-deep-1703421.png

Think of any pro sport during any period. Now think of the guy/gal who gets GOAT pay in that sport during that period. Congrats, you've just thought of a GOAT. Athlete who make GOAT pay are by definition GOAT.

I guess Mike Conley is NBA GOAT

Conor deserves almost everything he has except for GOAT talk and no one that I take seriously has purported this opinion.

If he beats Alvarez defends both belts a few times. Builds up his resume, it's possible. Currently absolutely not

They are saying because he is really popular and makes a lot of money for the UFC and sells millions of ppvs. They are defining "great" differently than you.

his fans are new blood in MMA, and as they only know conor he is their goat.

He's not Silva or JJ in his prime great to me in all honesty. However, his style is entertaining as hell and he brings it. He wants you to either love him or hate him

Sadly...I just get this bad feeling at the rate they are throwing the best of the best at him he will get ktfo or lose soon. His cardio and ground game are not impressive but his striking and heart are unquestionable.
I don't love him or hate him. I'm indifferent. Just curious how far that left hand can take him and adjustments he can make along the way. He is certainly no legend yet. A lot of fights need to go down before anyone gets that status.

unfortunately he kinda is hurting the sport by the money he is getting paid. Its really not her fault I guess... but handfuls of fighters are leaving and even bitching because they want to make money like Conor. I kinda dont blame them but its not realistic. Hopefully he does get KTFO soon or the UFC is gonna have more drama then it does already. Nate Diaz would fight anyone anyytime any place. Now Nate wont fight nobody unless its Conor or a big name. It will be interesting to see what occirs

I guess Mike Conley is NBA GOAT

Highest-paid NBA players by season
2016–2017

LeBron James $30,963,450 Cleveland Cavaliers
Al Horford $26,540,100 Boston Celtics
DeMar DeRozan $26,540,100 Toronto Raptors
James Harden $26,540,100 Houston Rockets
Kevin Durant $26,540,100 Golden State Warriors
Russell Westbrook $26,540,100 Oklahoma City Thunder
Mike Conley, Jr. $26,540,100 Memphis Grizzlies
Dirk Nowitzki $25,000,000 Dallas Mavericks
Carmelo Anthony $24,559,380 New York Knicks
Damian Lillard $24,328,425 Portland Trail Blazers

LeBron James is indeed GOAT.

Also, lol at LeBron James only getting 2x Conor fight purse. What kind of A level athlete is that?

Conor deserves almost everything he has except for GOAT talk and no one that I take seriously has purported this opinion.
I just searched before doing this thread I was mind fucked by the amount of Conor GOAT threads and him being a legend threads there are

2016–2017

Lebron guaranteed money - 60 million
Conley guaranteed money - 140 million

Brony wont be able to surpass until he signs a new contract

2016–2017

Also, lol at LeBron James only getting 2x Conor fight purse. What kind of A level athlete is that?
I like Michael Jordan as a better GOAT...What would MJ in his prime have made in 2014

Back