Remember when Gomi was known for his takedowns?

Rex Kwon Do

ál-ḥámdúlílláh
@Silver
Reaction score
Rumble on the Rock's tale of the tape guy remembers.

guaNDY7.jpg

If I'm reading his Fightmetric info right, he's completed 1 takedown in the last 6 years, maybe even longer since they don't have any stats on his Sengoku fights between 2008-2009.

Anyway

iz22q1.jpg

a2b5bd163ab7.gif

gomi-vs-ralph-gracie-o.gif

I barely remember the last fight he won unfortunately. I love Gomi but he's done as fuck

I barely remember the last fight he won unfortunately. I love Gomi but he's done as fuck

2.5 years ago against Isaac Valle-Flagg (oh...). Was pretty scrappy from what I remember, and very competitive. Gomi in his prime would have vaporized IV-F. So yeah, like you said, done as fuck. I wish he could get a red panty night before retiring, but that can't happen so it's time to open up a Gomi's Burgers in Tokyo.

Rumble on the Rock's tale of the tape guy remembers.

guaNDY7.jpg

If I'm reading his Fightmetric info right, he's completed 1 takedown in the last 6 years, maybe even longer since they don't have any stats on his Sengoku fights between 2008-2009.

Anyway

iz22q1.jpg

a2b5bd163ab7.gif

gomi-vs-ralph-gracie-o.gif
That second gif cuts out right before he repeatedly hammers on an unconscious corpse iirk. But yeah Gomi used to be alright.

Even in his prime he didnt really seem to try to take the fight to the ground all that often,although him training wrestling was brought up quite a bit. Seemed to just use it like Aldo,to stay on his feet,blast away at guys,take three to give one. His one was usually worse than the opponents three,terrible to slug it out with him in his day.

As soon as he hit Pride, he became a different fighter. A KO machine. Gomi really was so deadly in his prime. When Eddie was on his way up in 07-08. that would've been an excellent matchup.

That second gif cuts out right before he repeatedly hammers on an unconscious corpse iirk. But yeah Gomi used to be alright.

Bullshit, all Japanese fighters are the epitome of old school martial arts honor, respect, and bushido code. According to weeaboo Sherdoggers. Gomi, Nagashima, and others were just trying to wake their opponents up or something. As for Aoki, the middle finger means "get well soon" in Japanese culture.

His base was freestyle wrestling

He stopped training with Noriaki Kiguchi when he got signed to PRIDE. He hired a boxing coach and wrestled with people from his gym TEAM RASCAL

I have Gomi as the Greatest LW of all time.

And Top favorite fighter.

He's been knocked out in the first round of his last 3 fights. I'm pretty sure that's some sort of record.

I absolutely love old skool Gomi. He hasn't been good for the last 10 years it seems.

Back