Struve should be cut when he loses

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He should have been cut a long time ago as I have been saying for a while.

When he loses to Omelianchuck he will be 2-4 since 2012. He has a heart condition, he had that panic attack and he has been spectacularly KOed 5 times. He's a young HW but already has 35 fights on the clock. Even his last 3 wins were meaningless (Bigfoot, Big Nog) or questionable (Stipe). In fact Stipe is his only UFC win who has not since been cut. He was dominated by Rosholt, who has since been cut. Struve is not UFC calibre and there is no point leaving him around to accumulate more brain damage and get crushed by anyone semi-relevant.

Other HWs who should be cut: Bigfoot and Travis Browne

Correction: Bigfoot, whom he beat, is technically still in the UFC but he absolutely must be cut now.

Last edited:
I don't think it's that big of a deal

It's not like there's any consistency when it comes to the UFC.

Besides $$$$$$ of course

Browne shouldn't be cut. He has beaten every non top 10 opponent he has faced. He just has nothing for elite fighters. You're a fool if you think he had a chance against Cain or Werdum.

A long time ago? No. he should already be considering his options, though. I'd never call for a guy to be put out of his ability to provide for himself and his last win was a good one considering his division. He still has a place in the UFC if he and his health want it. Not for you or anyone else to say, really.

mPcgjTy.jpg

Shouts out to @TrainInVain for creating this.

He ain't fighting Magomedov, he been caught by USADA weeks ago lol

If Struve wins he is back on track if he loses you don't necessarily have to cut him. The HW division is shallow and while his opponent may be at the bottom of a pool even a loss here would end peoples interest in Struve. However with frequent and usually painful loses it may be best for the UFC and him to part ways after another vicious loss.

Struve's freakish height is good for marketing, so they will keep him.

Struve is a good gatekeeper and will probably beat Omielanczuk, he's still young too so he could always improve.

Well he has a ko over the current champ

He should have been cut a long time ago as I have been saying for a while.

When he loses to Omelianchuck he will be 2-4 since 2012. He has a heart condition, he had that panic attack and he has been spectacularly KOed 5 times. He's a young HW but already has 35 fights on the clock. Even his last 3 wins were meaningless (Bigfoot, Big Nog) or questionable (Stipe). In fact Stipe is his only UFC win who has not since been cut. He was dominated by Rosholt, who has since been cut. Struve is not UFC calibre and there is no point leaving him around to accumulate more brain damage and get crushed by anyone semi-relevant.

Other HWs who should be cut: Bigfoot and Travis Browne

Correction: Bigfoot, whom he beat, is technically still in the UFC but he absolutely must be cut now.
Strive would be a good back up center in the nba. Better for his health too

Back