Eddie Alvarez: Cerebral Champion?

AceCooch

Ace Land
@Brown
Reaction score
Do you think Eddie's success is mostly due to his Fight IQ?

Dominick Cruz is undoubtedly one of the most cerebral fighters in UFC. It isn't his physical attributes or size advantage that win him fights (Jon Jones also has a great fight IQ but is assisted by his freaky reach)

Eddie is the exact opposite, he is smaller than most other LW's, and will have reach and height disadvantages to Conor.

Eddie is undoubtedly one of the least likely UFC champions we've ever seen. This isn't a diss to Eddie, but if you examine his record, its amazing that he is the current no.1 in such a deep division. He defeated Pettis and RDA through strategy and is now elaborating on the methods of defeating McGregor...

How was his win over RDA in any way strategic?

In his own words, RDA scared him the fuck out and it pumped up his senses to make him extra jumpy and explosive.

As far as Pettis go- it's a no-brainer to wrestlefuck Pettis if yu have the ability to do so. Every single opponent Pettis faced @ LW besides Cerrone tried to beat him with wrestling.

Alvarez is the standard boxer/wrestler type fighter in an age where that type of style is becoming outdated.

He will absolutely maul Conor through sheer power, size, and wrestling but don't expect him to hold on to the title for long.

How was his win over RDA in any way strategic?

In his own words, RDA scared him the fuck out and it pumped up his senses to make him extra jumpy and explosive.

As far as Pettis go- it's a no-brainer to wrestlefuck Pettis if yu have the ability to do so. Every single opponent Pettis faced @ LW besides Cerrone tried to beat him with wrestling.

Yeah, but he knew that his only option was being just as crazy and explosive as RDA..

He may have had some success in fights but he won't ever be a success money wise. I'm sure he thanks god everyday for the conor fight because he will never make anything remotely close after the conor fight is done with

Barboza didn't.

He's the champ because he's the best LW on the planet. His skills are ridiculously underrated and he's far from outdated

He may have had some success in fights but he won't ever be a success money wise. I'm sure he thanks god everyday for the conor fight because he will never make anything remotely close after the conor fight is done with

Why do you care so much about Eddie's net worth? He's not going to give you any of it...

Same goes for Conor and his money.

I'm sure he sleeps well at night knowing you're so concerned about his finances.

What does money have to do with this? Lol

Rich, poor, all can get their ass beat into the dirt. Like Conor

He's
He's been one of the top 5 paid LWs in the world since being in Bellator. He's been making 3-400k a year for a long time which is great for a fighter. No one makes Conor money but His opponents and Brock.

Why do you care about how much his net worth is? He's not give you any of it...

lol that's one of the weirdest shit about mcgregor fanboys, it's like Mcgregor's obsession for money and materialism has seeped into his fanboys by osmosis.

Like either mcgregor or Eddie gives 2 shits what an anonymous troll thinks about their financial state.

Alvarez is the standard boxer/wrestler type fighter in an age where that type of style is becoming outdated.

You guys love flash too much, being good at that style will never be outdated.

Do you think Eddie's success is mostly due to his Fight IQ?

Dominick Cruz is undoubtedly one of the most cerebral fighters in UFC. It isn't his physical attributes or size advantage that win him fights (Jon Jones also has a great fight IQ but is assisted by his freaky reach)

Eddie is the exact opposite, he is smaller than most other LW's, and will have reach and height disadvantages to Conor.

Eddie is undoubtedly one of the least likely UFC champions we've ever seen. This isn't a diss to Eddie, but if you examine his record, its amazing that he is the current no.1 in such a deep division. He defeated Pettis and RDA through strategy and is now elaborating on the methods of defeating McGregor...
If you examine his record, it's unmatched by any LW in history, who has a better resume at LW? I'll wait. ..no one has more top 5 wins in the history of the LW division, no one has more finishes

I find it funny how overrated Conor's opponents become once they're scheduled to fight him. The hate must be strong.

The reality is that before the RDA fight Eddie's performances in the UFC were bad. Like legit, disappointing compared to his Bellator fights and what people expected from him. Maybe he finally found his groove in that fight, RDA had an off night or it's just a case of styles make fights- I don't think we really know until the fight happens but if I had to bet I'd go with Conor as the safe pick/bet.

If you examine his record, it's unmatched by any LW in history, who has a better resume at LW? I'll wait. ..no one has more top 5 wins in the history of the LW division, no one has more finishes
Did you just put his resume above BJ Penn's? and Frankie Edgar for that matter?

lol that's one of the weirdest shit about mcgregor fanboys, it's like Mcgregor's obsession for money and materialism has seeped into his fanboys by osmosis.

Like either mcgregor or Eddie gives 2 shits what an anonymous troll thinks about their financial state.

They're obviously living vicariously through Conor.

They also think he can't go broke even though he loves spending money because he might have $20 million or whatever it is. :D

These guys apparently never heard of the countless athletes that made over $100 million and ended up broke.

No
It's because he's good
Its actually (to me) a small miracle that he beat Pettis like he did, Alvarez isn't usually known for following that type of gameplan.
Mark Henry is working wonderes with im, but no Eddie usually succeeds despite his fight IQ not because of it.

Back