Who feels Eddie is overly underestimating Conor

eshay

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I predicted on sherdog that Eddie would finish RDA and everyone in the thread dozens of people laughed at my prediction and most claimed Eddie would get startched. But i feel like in this situation given the tools and advantages Eddie has (Chin,Recovery,Heart,Both offensive/defensive wrestling, cardio) over conor i just feel like with the huge crowd and wanting to put on a show Eddie is gonna go out swinging wild like he normally does but competely forget about his wrestling and get tagged over and over. I dont think his chin is on the level of Diaz/Sanchez but he has just as good recovery. Does anyone else see Eddie getting finished? Oh and this isn't a prediction of any sorts.

If you believe Eddie thinks that you're mistaken.

And you must be one if those guys eating up the lines Connie has been spewing since his last "untouchable" press conference.

how do you know if Eddie is overestimating or underestimating conor in a world title fight?

You know him?

You were right the same way a broken clock is right.

Eddies analysis on Conor is spot on. Finally a fighter with a brain who realizes they basically just need to avoid Conors left hand and exploit his weaknesses. Rest of these idiots just fight their normal game plans.

It will be Pettis vs Alvarez all over again. Conor might land a few shots in the process.

I predicted on sherdog that Eddie would finish RDA and everyone in the thread dozens of people laughed at my prediction and most claimed Eddie would get startched. But i feel like in this situation given the tools and advantages Eddie has (Chin,Recovery,Heart,Both offensive/defensive wrestling, cardio) over conor i just feel like with the huge crowd and wanting to put on a show Eddie is gonna go out swinging wild like he normally does but competely forget about his wrestling and get tagged over and over. I dont think his chin is on the level of Diaz/Sanchez but he has just as good recovery. Does anyone else see Eddie getting finished? Oh and this isn't a prediction of any sorts.
Nah...Eddie's a pro. He can be a wild one, though, so we'all have to wait and see.

They both have paths to victory.

That being said i dont think u can take many clean shots from conor and stay conscious. And eddie doesnt have the type of ground game to stop conor following him down and tkoing him

Wonder what will happen to Alvarez' career if he decides to try and blanket his opponent for 5 rounds in the main event of the biggest card in UFC history.

No Conor and all of his parroting fans calling Eddie as basic as it gets are though

Wonder what will happen to Alvarez' career if he decides to try and blanket his opponent for 5 rounds in the main event of the biggest card in UFC history.

See everyone thinks this is the most likely outcome, to me i think his pride will get the better of him and stage and setting will overwhelm him, given he is a pro he has never fought in such a setting, conor has multiple times.

I think Eddie has been in this game way too long to bite on such BS. I like both fighters for different reasons but I hope Eddie runs through McGregor.

Alvarez just sees what he sees and tells what he sees, Conor has a left and the gift to get in your head before the fight even starts.

I think eddie might freeze on the big stage. He is getting caught and kncoked out. And he is definitely underestimating conor. I just want one of mcgregors opponents to be like, yeah he is a great fighter, im up against it and im gonna try my hardest. All his opponents besides diaz look down on him like he is fuck all and get iced. A different approach is needed.

Yeah, a guy who's been in the sport as long as Eddie, and is as accomplished as he is, has now taken it upon himself to underestimate his opponent or not do what it takes to get the W.

There's a reason he's a winner in this sport

If we take what he says publicly to be indicative of his true state of mind, then yes, he's taking him lightly. But he might just be saying all that stuff for the sake of good publicity. I'm sure he's going to train his ass off for this camp. He doesn't mind getting in a dogfight which wouldn't be smart with a precise counterstriker like Conor, but at the same time he's shown a real improvement in fight IQ recently so...who knows? Tough one to call.

Won't matter either way, taking Conor lightly or not...He'll lose.

I don't, it's an extremely easy fight for eddie, he knows what he's doing. Eddie by whatever he wants.

Back