Conor has nothing to lose, his FW belt is safe.

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So I'm hoping UFC will be back to normal after this fight but I know it won't.

As Conor has no pressure, he will get filthy rich(er) and if he doesn't win? He still has his Feathweight belt and if he tells he's obsessed he'll get another chance straight-away as Alvarez won't refuse to cash in twice.

And if he beats Alvarez we all know he is not going to face Aldo or Khabib/Johnson/Dos Anjos/Ferguson as those are all not as good as a fighter named Nate Diaz and we all want to see that trilogy don't we!?

Good luck trying to drill that information into his crazy fans brains.

So you're a real Diaz fan? That's rare these days. But good for you, buddy.

So I'm hoping UFC will be back to normal after this fight but I know it won't.

As Conor has no pressure, he will get filthy rich(er) and if he doesn't win? He still has his Feathweight belt and if he tells he's obsessed he'll get another chance straight-away as Alvarez won't refuse to cash in twice.

And if he beats Alvarez we all know he is not going to face Aldo or Khabib/Johnson/Dos Anjos/Ferguson as those are all not as good as a fighter named Nate Diaz and we all want to see that trilogy don't we!?

If Conor wins he's gonna fight the #1 contender winner of khabib/johnson

Not a scratch on that FW belt. As long as it stays undefended it will remain safe.

If Conor wins, he said already he's setting his sights "even higher"
I doubt he will defend either belt.

But if he loses, I can see him demanding a rematch with Eddie. But I am sure THEN Eddie will renegotiate his contract. Because he will have the upperhand, much like DIaz had in his rematch

Huh? Isn't he putting his belt on the line against Alvarez?

I'm wondering if he'll get an immediate rematch if he loses. Probably will but will still not be stripped.

If Conor wins he's gonna fight the #1 contender winner of khabib/johnson

lmao since when has Conor been the guy to defend his belt against #1 contender in line?

If he actually manages to KO Eddie then he'll either go up and get a title shot at WW or defend his belt against Nate for the trilogy money fight.

Wouldn't it be amazing if somehow he defended both belts one the same night.
1423557903_o-face.gif

If he loses, it does limit his options. It's very unlikely that they give him an immediate rematch if he were to lose, and while he is still the FW champion, I have serious questions about him ever making FW again. I mean, the UFC would try to spin it into some positive and he'd still remain a huge draw for somewhat baffling reasons, but losing to Alvarez does limit him to an extent.

lmao since when has Conor been the guy to defend his belt against #1 contender in line?

If he actually manages to KO Eddie then he'll either go up and get a title shot at WW or defend his belt against Nate for the trilogy money fight.

He aint fighting nate again. He aint getting a ww title shot. 155 is his new home. And its a beautiful new home.

There is a title in the men's featherweight division?

I'd love to see him win and get a WW title shot. Wonderboy would show all his WWE fans what real striking looks like.

Yep, he'll get an immediate rematch.

"Conor was obsessed" Dana 'Incompetent' White will claim, again. Imagine that. Imagine your boss told you to do something, you argued back, and he said "OK, he seems pretty obsessed with that idea. I'll let him do that".

I'm wondering if he'll get an immediate rematch if he loses. Probably will.

He's guaranteed to get it if it's a close decision and sells 2 million PPVs.

Probably gets it even if he gets dominated.

Back