Do you have to weigh in early?

TheWobbler

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
If not, why did these fighters not wait util the actual weigh in and cut that weight or is it just laziness and they can't be bothered and take the financial hit.

weighing in early gives you more time to rehydrate

why would you not want to?

Nobody wants to starve and get thirsty for a full day. The new model is cool.

Yes, you have to weigh-in early. "Early weigh-ins" is just a name because weigh-ins are now earlier than they used to be. The televised/spectacle weigh-ins are a sham now. Nobody is actually being weighed and everyone is rehydrated already. I honestly have no idea why they bother with the second BS spectacle weigh-in, though. Why not just do that at the early time and broadcast that?

I enjoy the spectacle of the sham weigh in
nothing like rogan shouting into a mic as if he's deaf

You have a 4 hr window from 10 AM to 2 PM. You still get the extra 1 hr if you don't make it. The 4 PM weigh in is all for show.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/2/11827266/different-weigh-in-procedure-for-ufc-199-explained

i dont believe they get a xtra hr if they go to early weigh ins

that link you gave is for Cali only where they gave xtra time for early weigh ins.

in most places that allow early weighins its a 1 shot deal. you can weighin early but whatever the scale says is final.

Yes, you have to weigh-in early. "Early weigh-ins" is just a name because weigh-ins are now earlier than they used to be. The televised/spectacle weigh-ins are a sham now. Nobody is actually being weighed and everyone is rehydrated already. I honestly have no idea why they bother with the second BS spectacle weigh-in, though. Why not just do that at the early time and broadcast that?
yeah, it kinda takes away a bit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back