Why people really hate conor

seiger

Posting from a UK no-go zone in Northern Ireland
Banned
Reaction score
Because he proves that in reality, boxing is strong.

artvsroyce.jpg

A bog standard boxer, with serviceable takedown defence and submission defence can come in and destroy 99% of the talent out there. Because deep down, however invested you are in the sport of MMA, its a tiny talent pool of d list athletes, with next to no sporting pedigree on the level of developed sports.

Its not a strong man contest. But what developed was real martial artist athletes, of a sort, kicking all that tough guy at the bar arse. Then what happened is guys like GSP, and Fedor came in and dominated. These were the creme of martial arts / sports. Then you get a guy like Conor or Lesnar before him come in and just eviscerate the talent pool, because they had something that was difficult to defend against or beat.

Conor isnt even a top 100 boxer. Hes just a decent enough boxer, with serviceable TDD, to knock the f out a bunch of guys who couldnt make it in other higher paying sports. Conor instead of aiming to be a top 50 boxer, decided to milk the UFC and demand the kind of money he couldnt make in boxing.

and he got it.

2F54BED600000578-3357981-image-a-27_1449987573852.jpg

Deal with it.

Martial arts and especially mixed martial arts was meant to be about who is the best at beating other guys up. Not about who is the guy you happened to be most invested in, when you forgot the talent pool was tiny and a large section of the martial arts, combats sports world was not invited to the party.

You mean boxing is an essential part in fighting?

Ya dont say

<mma4>

Decent points... but kiss of death punching power trumps all. That's what we're really talking about here.

Make no mistake that Conor is enhancing his game all the while... & that should scare the sh*t out of the haterz. After focusing on Nate... he outpointed him. Next... after focusing on TDD... he will become untakedownable... :D

...that's one scary MOTHER F*CKER

@McgreGOATsLeft

Last edited:
WHY do people hate conor? he's an annoying douche bag.

I actually don't think this has anything to do with why people dislike Conor.

To be honest I don't really hate Conor. I just hate the effect he's had on the sport.

I think reading through threads like this have more to do with the hate than the point you where trying to make.

No, I'm pretty sure it is because he is a loud mouthed arrogant jackass.

You are a beta cheerleader

Deal with it.

Conor isnt even a b list boxer. but hes an a list mma ist, destroying d list athletes.

the only reason conor could even go down to FW and destroy aldo, is because he had the raw naked will power to do that kind of ugly weight cut.

Actually most people love Conor. Some hate him. And nothing about that has anything to do with boxing, man. Your post is about why YOU like him.

you described Chuck, ever heard of that guy?

Actually most people love Conor. Some hate him. And nothing about that has anything to do with boxing, man. Your post is about why YOU like him.

Its not even that i really like him. I just recognise what he represents. He is the sakuraba or our age.

I thought it was because of his sweet chest tattoo. Turns out I'm an asshole.

Put it this way he's richer than the average sherdogger and
beat the brakes of their favourite fighter.

This place sucks lately.. So many Colin wankers ruining the boards.

This place sucks lately.. So many Colin wankers ruining the boards.
im torn... on one hand they can be annoying at times... but they also really easy and fun to troll

Boxing is useless in MMA , thats why we dont see any top boxers in MMA

it goes in circles.

The ground guys dominated..... Then stand up dudes like Petey Williams, Bas Rutten and Maurice Smith came in with good takedown defence and ko'd everyone..... Then people like Tito, Coutore & Matt Hughes came along with amateur wrestles backgrounds and were able to take those kind of guys down..... Then you got Chuck and Anderson, Machida, who developed their TDD and kept shit standing...

I think Hate is a little too strong of word.

I just think he has pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes. Yes he has brought a ton of money to the UFC, but in the end I don't see him as the GOAT or anything special, He is just a Carnival Barker / Actor with average fight skills,

This is the real Conor

Back